Closed Thread
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
If people think the donation bounty idea was a good one, I'll be happy to provide the donation links and statistics along with user names of people who donated (unless they want to be held anonymous)

The Following User Says Thank You to Apoc For This Useful Post:
A bounty would definitely get people to notice and to take it seriously. I mean you get a chance to challenge yourself and at the same time a chance to win some money, why not!....I will definitely donate...

Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
If people think the donation bounty idea was a good one, I'll be happy to provide the donation links and statistics along with user names of people who donated (unless they want to be held anonymous)
i think its not a bad idea, but right now there's nothing users can download and test on their devices that will boot and work right away

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Australia
If enough people are interested in an n8x0 port of recent Android, I would be willing to look into it. If anyone else would like to collaborate (assuming enough people actually want this of cause), I would collaborate, especially if your able to work with the userspace part.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Termana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Originally Posted by Termana View Post
If enough people are interested in an n8x0 port of recent Android, I would be willing to look into it. If anyone else would like to collaborate (assuming enough people actually want this of cause), I would collaborate, especially if your able to work with the userspace part.
i would love to see android on n8x0, am also trying to persuade it to run myself

Ok does anyone have any idea how solca got the kernel to boot from the memory card without any obvious initrd. As I've got new kernel compiled but ity jus sits at the nokia screen. (N800 I on about here)

Originally Posted by Termana View Post
I think the audience will be there if Android is running correctly on the N8X0. I know I have been waiting for it for months, hoping praying

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
Android 2.1 might be a bit difficult to run on the N8x0 series given their lack of graphics power. Also Android is more of a phone OS then a NiT OS, still I can't say I'd argue if I could run Android on my N810 fully.

Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Android 2.1 might be a bit difficult to run on the N8x0 series given their lack of graphics power. Also Android is more of a phone OS then a NiT OS, still I can't say I'd argue if I could run Android on my N810 fully.
hate to correct you but the N8x0 series HAVE got 3d graphics ability with the new TI drivers which seem to be in this kernel i have and ahave compiled. just need to work out how to boot it now

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
dj_steve you are the coolest

Closed Thread