Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Overall speed doesnt seem to be better than the Nexus 5, apps are starting slowly, battery life is good so far, camera as indicated above instable regarding focus, i miss the Jolla store, videos on websites have audio only.
If you installed SFOS using circulating images I suppose only two 'small' cores are active, hence suboptimal performances

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
My first post with Sony X and SFOS. I am a little bit disappointed coming from a Nexus 5 with SFOS.

Overall speed doesnt seem to be better than the Nexus 5, apps are starting slowly, battery life is good so far, camera as indicated above instable regarding focus, i miss the Jolla store, videos on websites have audio only.

I think many issues might be related to the specific build, lets wait for Jolla.
That's one of my gripes with SFOS it feels quite sluggish and does not seem to utilise the hardware that it runs on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
That's one of my gripes with SFOS it feels quite sluggish and does not seem to utilise the hardware that it runs on.
I cannot say I have a lot of experience since my active phone is still my good old friend N900. I have to say that I've been using the XperiaX with last Nougat update as a Tablet at home. Installed first SailfishOS image three days ago and I liked the SO a lot more than Android.
Today I compiled my own image and tried the mod for having all 6 cores working, things looks really promising!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
I don't know about the build that was posted here but the build that I use only has 2 cpu-cores enabled by default.

I needed to edit the /init.loire.pwr.rc file and add this under the init-section to enable all of them. (All credit for this go to abranson from the #sailfishos-porters irc).

Last edited by jakibaki; 2017-09-22 at 22:13.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
It does on Nexus 5. It's my estimation that these preliminary community builds for Xperia X are only utilizing one or two cores, and aren't completely optimized.

Personally, I'm going to wait for the official release, even though I've got an F5121 in hand right now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Guys,

how to install a store with the image provided here : https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=1113
?

The Following User Says Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
My first post with Sony X and SFOS. I am a little bit disappointed coming from a Nexus 5 with SFOS.

I think many issues might be related to the specific build, lets wait for Jolla.
That's quite sad to learn that.
I feel my oneplus x much smoother and faster than my Nexus 5. Downside is I can't get AD work on oneplus x. I suspect it lacks of one or two drivers to make it work.
In fact I expect Xperoa X should have same or better performance than oneplus x as they both have 3G ram but Xperia x has 64bit CPU compared to 32bit from oneplus x.
Will keep an eye on the development

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jakibaki View Post
I don't know about the build that was posted here but the build that I use only has 2 cpu-cores enabled by default.

I needed to edit the /init.loire.pwr.rc file and add this under the init-section to enable all of them. (All credit for this go to abranson from the #sailfishos-porters irc).
So the Xperia X has 2x ARM Cortex A72 and 4x ARM Cortex A53 cores. Would there need to be a sophisticated kernel code to utilise the 2 low power ones on small tasks & running idle but use 4 cores for intense tasks. Or is the kernel already good enough but just needs telling that these cores exist?

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2017-09-23 at 07:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
So the Xperia X has 2x ARM Cortex A72 and 4x ARM Cortex A53 cores. Would there need to be a sophisticated kernel code to utilise the 2 low power ones on small tasks & running idle but use 4 cores for intense tasks. Or is the kernel already good enough but just needs telling that these cores exist?
That's already how it works with the patch I posted afaik. At least it disables some cores when in idle-state.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Haven't used Sailfish OS for years, but bought an Xperia X to give it a go and I have been really pleased how well things are already working - even before the 'final' paid release.

However, there is one thing I have noticed about this release - the repos don't seem to have python3 & pyotherside available? Anyway to resolve this? One of the reasons I wanted to switch to Sailfish OS was it seemed like the best platform to do mobile python GUI development.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to p2x3yzling For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x