Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Ziffis: could you post just the .pngs you used? I'd like to experiment with those.
There attached in the post.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
yes, Ithey're both in the zip I attached

what I didn't get is the spinning mic image... or does it only work in N9s?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
hello no one will help me ??
saera just still i don't understand .
so what is the problme
?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rabah_vip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zifis View Post
yes, Ithey're both in the zip I attached

what I didn't get is the spinning mic image... or does it only work in N9s?
The spinning mic image was enabled in early builds, but it took up too much CPU while Pocketsphinx was running and made it take forever to parse what's being said, so it's disabled for now. When I finish the deferred recognition, I'll enable it again.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
BTW i also tried making a SIRI clone..if u guys like...i can give u my microphone icon! its awesome! i made it from the scratch

Just a 'normal' guy who Loves N9
Twittter: https://twitter.com/MunimZahid
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ModestAtTheTop

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MeeNu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
So, I don't know how feasible this is. But can Saera be run WITHOUT a UI?

Bear with some crazyness of mine for a while.

Is there a way to have the saera icon;

On the N900 on the desktop, or as a Widget.

And on the N9 as either on the apps list, on the quick launch bar (so it can be used from any app), or even added as a toggle on unrestricted system-ui, so it can also be used from within any app.

Upon tapping it, the familiar sound cue comes up, and we talk away.

The response, or the log, is then accessed by the messaging app. So when Saera responds, a notification comes up. This way you can even save the chat log, or delete it as you feel like.

All the functions can be done using the built-in features, with no need to make a whole UI for them. (Assuming it's easier NOT to make the UI)

It will give Saera a more integrated feel, AND, if any automatic features are ever added, the user can be warned in the same way as if they were getting a text message.

Similarly any kind of notifications would be nice, and when clicking on a notification, the sound cue comes up, and you can speak your next command. Again, no need for a UI, and it makes it a lot quicker and easier.

Anyway, those are just some crazy ideas. I might be able to make a mockup to further explain what I mean, but I doubt I will be able to, I have no photoshop skills whatsoever.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
So, I don't know how feasible this is. But can Saera be run WITHOUT a UI?

Bear with some crazyness of mine for a while.

Is there a way to have the saera icon;

On the N900 on the desktop, or as a Widget.
That's a good idea, and should be pretty easy to implement actually. Especially as Saera already has the ability to be triggered without pressing the button, by using the proximity sensor instead.

And on the N9 as either on the apps list, on the quick launch bar (so it can be used from any app), or even added as a toggle on unrestricted system-ui, so it can also be used from within any app.

Upon tapping it, the familiar sound cue comes up, and we talk away.
Does anyone know how to edit the quick launch bar? I've been wanting to change the apps on there, but it doesn't seem to be editable.

The response, or the log, is then accessed by the messaging app. So when Saera responds, a notification comes up. This way you can even save the chat log, or delete it as you feel like.

All the functions can be done using the built-in features, with no need to make a whole UI for them. (Assuming it's easier NOT to make the UI)
This would be great to make; however, I've been having trouble finding information on how to make a messaging plugin. I know it's at least possible on the N900 (e.g. pidgin plugin and google voice plugin), but I don't really know how they did that.

It will give Saera a more integrated feel, AND, if any automatic features are ever added, the user can be warned in the same way as if they were getting a text message.
There is actually an automatic feature there already; Saera is supposed to tell you when mail arrives, and read it to you if you ask her to. I should check whether this is still working.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
taixzo,

The quicklaunch bar has 4 .desktop files located in /home/user/.local/share/applications for your editing pleasure

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I have never had success with Saera, my voice is low between 93 and 95hz.
After getting the update I tried doubling my voice frequency to about 180hz. I am finally able to get Saera to understand words.
If I say for example "search pizza" it will post "sarah two pizza" or "sure chuck pizza" then it says "search pizza" it will then sit doing nothing, after a few minutes i can click the microphone pic on the screen and try again.
Great potential here, I wonder if my failure is due to installing dependancies seperately in the first release rather than with the newer Saera .deb.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
So how it's going?
I am looking forward to operate my n9 by voice

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text