Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
ok, slightly off topic.. i'm just finding my way around the menu's again.. phone works fine apart from two things.

I know there is a thread about this somewhere but i can't spend all night looking it up.. anyways, the problem is: there is a saved image set that won't go away from the 4 home screens no matter what i try.

I believe there is an app that may be able to .. which leads to my second problem.

When i go into the application manager.. i entered in the information to enable the extras and extras testing catalogues.. however, when i finish and the phone goes to update.. it only gets to about halfway before hanging and not getting any further.. if anyone had any advice i'd appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
ok, slightly off topic.. i'm just finding my way around the menu's again.. phone works fine apart from two things.

I know there is a thread about this somewhere but i can't spend all night looking it up.. anyways, the problem is: there is a saved image set that won't go away from the 4 home screens no matter what i try.
I assume you've tried long tapping the desktop, selecting the Desktop Menu, then selecting change background? See also the wiki on wallpapers.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
It might be a few months since i used an N900 but i'm not daft..

anyway, problem solved.. i used Maemo flasher and wiped the hard drive.. it's working well now.

Although strangely, the application manager isn't updating all the way because of the wireless broadband i use. The vodafone ISP on the device works fine.

Is that something to do with the settings on the router?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Did you try with apt-get or Fapman too?

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Dunno if you can live by with a 6310i then I don't think you really need the N900... My two troll-cents!

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/