Active Topics

Notices

@carlon
I contacted frals and he is aware of the issue, but he doesn't yet know what the problem is.

As for my settings, I have CinBell and they are slightly different. I've fetched the proper settings from CinBell itself and have tried what has been posted on Android forums. Before, the internet settings were fine.
I think the app might just have altered something slightly so it now refuses to connect right or something.

The Following User Says Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
@Ali
Still not able to send but receiving is fine.
damn, sorry man. Any luck now?

ALi

Originally Posted by lasman View Post
Hello frals,
One or two things......

After opening a new message and returning to the view listing the messages, the message is still highlighted as new (i.e. the view does not seem to update)

Also if I delete a message (long press and select delete from main view), the view is not updated and the deleted message is still listed. If I click on the deleted message, it displays "downloading MMS" for a few seconds and remains on the main view (i.e. it does not open the deleted MMS)

Thanks
Hello frals,

Messages are still shown as new after reading and returning to the list view. This is corrected after exiting and restarting fmms.

I'm having issues with getting fMMS 1.3.3 to work.
I did have it (i think a previous version) working with the same settings (i think) before reflashing my phone.

I set up the application with my providers settings (Telenor, sweden) as follows:
Name: services.telenor.se
MMSC: http://mms/
Username / Password: <empty>
HTTP-proxy: 172.30.253.241
Port: 8799
IP-address: 172.30.253.241
Mode: Havoc

When i try to connect manually to the MMS-connection it works just fine, as do it when fMMS automaticly connect.

When i try to open an received MMS, this is what happens:
"Downloading MMS"
"Operation Failed"

Here is the complete log (deleted old log with fMMS closed, then started fMMS, clicked on a MMS then closed fMMS after "Operation failed")
http://ircgeeks.net/~ilon/fmms.log

Hello. I think fMMS is an absolute lifesaver for the Nokia N900. However, is anyone else experiencing problems with MMS text not reaching recipients or rather only a few characters, eleven to be exact?

I had contacted the fMMS developer on a number of occasions by e-mail mentioning the issue, however that was to no avail as I received no response.

Last edited by Dissatisfied Nokia N900; 2011-04-14 at 21:00. Reason: Additional text

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Hi Frals, I think the new version has some definite issues, are you working on fixing the issues or should we try to revert to the version 1.3.0.
Thanks

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
Hi Frals, I think the new version has some definite issues, are you working on fixing the issues or should we try to revert to the version 1.3.0.
Thanks
The thing is I'm quite certain I didn't touch any of the actual sender code (except add a generic error message), so I don't think downgrading would actually solve anything. However, if you have the time to do it, please revert to 1.3.0 and report your findings

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

can we send more than one picture at a time? And can we send other files through fmms other than pictures?

I would be happy to be able to send anything at all thru fMMS

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by similize View Post
can we send more than one picture at a time? And can we send other files through fmms other than pictures?
No. Yes.

Originally Posted by ilon View Post
I would be happy to be able to send anything at all thru fMMS
Kolla så telenor inte har flaggat din telefon (/ditt abb) som att det inte stödjer MMS. Vad jag kan se från loggen så är inställningarna rätt (jmf med telenor.se) och fMMS försöker till rätt URLs men telenors MMSC verkar inte vilja vara med riktigt.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python