Originally Posted by veeall View Post
There have been opinions that it's bad idea by design to put settings of an app into another app. And i tend to agree, probably gets instantly annoying on actual use.

I'd drop it completely, why waste time on that.

I only find it annoying that some are there and some aren't. I don't mind going to one area to play with the settings across several applications, and if the settings were instantly applied, it could be easier to switch between Settings and the application being tweaked, than back and forth within a application.

But otherwise introduce consistency, would be better so yeah I'd prefer it to be dropped to the current situation continuing.

It would still be nice to ensure that all application settings are in a consistent place though, for back-up purposed (though the UI and location aren't necessarily linked, I know).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
There have been opinions that it's bad idea by design to put settings of an app into another app. And i tend to agree, probably gets instantly annoying on actual use.

I'd drop it completely, why waste time on that.
Best to vote about this in TJC I guess.... FWIW, I think it's best if all configuration options are in Settings, otherwise you end up with applications placing the settings menu inconsistently and -worse- using real estate that you rarely need to access. I haven't touched the browser's settings for a while and I'm very happy that I don't have to deal with its option polluting the UI. I can't say the same about WebCat but only because they can't add the settings to the Settings menu.

YMMV though...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
I would like to see a better call log manager and be able to use contact specific ring tone. Also an official Whatsapp for Sailfish!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
write here for whatsapp, not to jolla: http://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
...be able to use contact specific ring tone...
Forgot that one.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
It's not an update anymore, beginning with this version it's called upgrade.
The term update is now used for hotfixes.

Private browsing will come with this update for sure.
Maybe lock screen media player controls will arrive with U12
Maybe IMAP IDLE/PUSH support

just check this link:
https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...ry/005661.html
Thanks. Changed. But does IT really matter if its an upgrade or update or PR... Didnt know that they changed the Word and dont really see the differance. To me its a strange thing becouse now it easier to the Word downgrade instead of upgrade if and when jolla do stupid design decision. So now jolla really have to make huge improvements in every upgrade to justify the word.

Now my expectation of next upgrade skyrocketed...but...

If {
Arrow keys
Split screen
Better navigation in forms
Copy and paste all over
Free beer for everyone
Uprade true
Print "tjaballala, it's an upgrade"
}
Else{
upgrade false;
Print "oh no, it's an downgrade"
}

Just add it to the sail source and build, Then we are golden!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-03-04 at 19:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by finfly View Post
Just fix that media player already. First 9 updates album art worked sometimes, mostly not. Since update 10 album art has been MIA.
media art not load has been an issue since update 0. I think its related to tracker indexing and that is FOSS.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Upgrade? I'm sure I've had a few updates that definitely haven't been upgrades!

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Best to vote about this in TJC I guess.... FWIW, I think it's best if all configuration options are in Settings, otherwise you end up with applications placing the settings menu inconsistently and -worse- using real estate that you rarely need to access. I haven't touched the browser's settings for a while and I'm very happy that I don't have to deal with its option polluting the UI. I can't say the same about WebCat but only because they can't add the settings to the Settings menu.

YMMV though...
Just for arguments:
I think, because it is not possible to force app devs to uniformly implement SF unified settings, and in reality there will surely be inconsistencies anyway, better let 'Settings' populate app menus - consistency known from every platform since birth.

Or should 'About' pages also have an unified place in Settings app, because these actually waste precious real estate in pulley menu.

Yes, YMMV, but depending on an app, i quite often find myself tapping or selecting 'Settings' menu item on an app during it's use.

Last edited by veeall; 2015-03-05 at 02:20.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I hope that one day Sailfish is going to support several users on one device with some sort of child restriction options. Then the tablet could make sense to me. Using it in the family.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post: