Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Any idea when the N810 Micro ones will be ready?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
I'm waiting to hear back from my manufacturer on the availability of the MicroUSB connectors required to build the adapter (believe it or not they're still extremely difficult to find as they're much newer and less common), but I will keep everyone here posted as information comes in. I've been advised that the manufacturing process will require about 20-25 days from time of order submission to receiving the final product; I know it'd be great to get them sooner, but that's the sort of time you have to pay for completely custom manufacturing (others have quoted as much as 3 months by the way!). I will pass along cost estimates once I receive word back from my manufacturer; at this point I really have no idea (kind of hoping that they'll be reasonable or it's not worth doing).

Unfortunately Benson I don't have that prototype in my hands just yet to take some pictures of! The manufacturer made it up and just sent me a picture this morning; as I progress through the ordering process then they will go ahead and actually send it to me at which point I can get some "Tablet action" shots going on.

In my tests with the current OTG/360 combo I found that actually the best way to use the network adapter was simply to have it sit flat and level on the desk beside the tablet; while it's possible to have it tuck up behind it the cable sticking out prevents the tablet from sitting quite as firmly as normal; I will make an enquiry to see if it's possible to get the mini connector installed the opposite way (upside down from the current prototype) so that when you connect the adapter it's possible to have the USB100M fold behind and face down.

Thanks,
-Rob

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I'm still trying to figure how how to connect the N810 to the Hub inside this its yet to be built but I have the box coming in this week. I am thinking of maybe using a 360 adaptor once you get them I will just have to but a big hole to put it in then fix the whole and try to hide it maybe under the N810. That way the one half of the adaptor is sticking out on top and the bottom half can be turned ot where ever I need it inside.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Seeing as how this thread is about a billion pages long these days I'm going to start off a "fork" for discussion of one of the items mentioned: the N810 USB OTG 360 adapter! (What a mouthfull). Please see my new thread here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...468#post193468

And in the efforts of proper organization let's make sure that anything related to N800 adapters/etc stays here, while anything related to that N810 adapter goes in the new thread. Since historically this has been more of a general OTG discussion, purely OTG questions should probably still appear in this thread.

Thanks,
-Rob

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Argentina
Hola, alguien compró esto de Argentina? les llegó a la casa o al correo? tuvieron que pagar aduana?

Hello, did someone from Argentina buy these? did it arrive at your home or at the post office? did you have to pay customs? (translation of the other line)

I just got my USB OTG adapter and the miniKEY thumb keyboard -- works awesome together!

I read a bit about a dongle version being available.. what's the news on this? Either that or a <6" mini-USB extension, so you could tuck the connectors in behind the tablet.

I'd definitely be interested in purchasing a USB OTG dongle or a miniUSB extension from you jolouis.

lophyte, thanks for the feedback! There is a dongle available from a manufacturer in Hong Kong I believe, but I can't verify that as one or two others have posted links but I've never been able to actually follow up with it; when I looked into doing it the costs just didn't make any sense for me. So if you've got your heart set on a dongle, do some more searching and the link will come up I'm sure; however, if you're after something really cool... just keep an eye out, I've got a pretty snazzy one in the works that I think a lot of people are going to appreciate!

-Rob

I have just come across this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-Host-Cable...3286.m14.l1318

Don't know if they are any good, I checked the sellers feedback and there is one N800 owner who seems happy.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Hawaii
Originally Posted by darrennewman@sky.com View Post
I have just come across this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-Host-Cable...3286.m14.l1318

Don't know if they are any good, I checked the sellers feedback and there is one N800 owner who seems happy.
yes, that was me

I didn't want to cross-post in jolouis' thread about it so I made a post accessories forum instead. So far, so good with the dongle - but to be honest, I'm now curious what jolouis is cooking up now...

Hey all,

Just a quick update to let you know that for any of the slightly more adventurous of you out there, you can now pickup your own OTG pigtail to splice/solder onto your favourite piece of USB equipment ;o)
http://www.electronicproductonline.c...oducts_id=2042
We had some tech issues with the site over the last week and had to change hosting companies/etc, so for anyone who couldn't access it last week it's all back up and running again now (thanks for the patience!).
And the pot is still boiling away for my latest accessory, so keep an eye out ;o)

Thanks,
-Rob