Active Topics

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
I'll post one tomorrow..my exams going on..actually had to post it today..but my bandwidth very less...ill make a Non HD one tomorrow and post! hopefully if i dont procrastinate.. X-/ !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
@Woot
Agreed to 2nd point ,between it could be more fascinating if we could have just stick to one perfect OS ,no matter if it was meego,maemo or anything else .
i love meego and i hope it is a big release and we see more of such work in future !!

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Is there ANY possible chance that meego could be available as a progammable os for the N900 completely taking over the Maemo os instead of running from an sd card ?.
by installing on the eMMC, yes. this isn't as tested (and thus supported) as it does actually wipe out the possibility to run Maemo, but it is technically possible

its not stable right? i nevr tried meego. want to try it. so shud i install 1.2? or wait for 1.3 to be stable?
BACKUPMENU

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
by installing on the eMMC, yes. this isn't as tested (and thus supported) as it does actually wipe out the possibility to run Maemo, but it is technically possible
IF you want recognition big time then please please get it working as an os and make sure you got battery charging and ALL component drivers within the os.

MANY people will want meego to take over Maemo IF it is capable of ALL components within the N900.

Do this and meego will make breath taking ground for sure.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
works fine until battery drain..... So you must make sure battery never goes empty.

Tried on my third "exprimental device". I bought this device very cheep (old user said wifi and camera was broken) and I reflashed Fremantle several times and didnt get wifi up. But for some reason I got it working on Meego 1.3 dont know how :O

Now I hope the adoption team make the camera alive too hehe

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-09-30 at 18:45.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
its not stable right? i nevr tried meego. want to try it. so shud i install 1.2? or wait for 1.3 to be stable?
you should go for 1.3 on external MMC install is way faster than old 1.2. and it has more cool apps installed from scratch.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Is it now possible to install Meego to a microSD card without it needing to be the first partition, which makes the card contents invisible to maemo.

I would like to try it, but want to keep the majority of my 32GB card available to maemo, and I don't really wanna swap cards every time.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Now I hope the adoption team make the camera alive too hehe
camera should work out of the box, afaik...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
you should go for 1.3 on external MMC install is way faster than old 1.2. and it has more cool apps installed from scratch.
i want to install it on my emmc.just wanna try it bcz i nevr felt the heat of meego.i dnt hav any mmc card.can u guide me how to install, the changelog, how to install the apps, where to get the apps, what to avoid and all.plzz help me.i will flash maemo if necessary if meego cannot run alongside with maemo.
BACKUPMENU

Tags
community, meego