I'm in. $20 would indeed be sweet.

Can you leave the OEM hard case in the stand easily?

Brad-- All is vanity. A stand like that will look awesome next to my Mac Mini.

How about a good vehicle mount?

A good vehicle mount would be wonderful! That's something I'd really like to see though you probably would benefit from putting a small lip around the front edges to help hold it in for the people who have different cases and such. All the ones I've seen (honestly haven't looked too deeply into it) to fit are generic and require attaching sticky things to the back of it and that's just not going to work.

A nice aluminum mount like this would look beautiful in ANY car. Might be a bit tricky to do though and a movable arm for a car mount (even a tiny one) would be really helpful. Sounds like an art project for some day.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Originally Posted by wiredless
The stand does have complete access to the ports audio/mic/charger and usb. The concept stand was cut out of plate aluminum on a band saw and hand finished. How do you feel about the finish. What would your choice in finish be out of painted white/black or natural brushed metal or bead blasted. Also what are peoples thoughts on having a hole in the back of the stand to rout the cords through. Im going to price some options monday for having these either cut out on a C&C or water jet.
Frankly, I think the cut and finish of your prototype is perfect. Has that "Danish Modern", no nonsense, cold north icy-edge look to it--fits the 770 perfectly. The 770 is the least pretentious of all the handheld computing devices out there. I think they put the little speaker grill on there just to outrage the "frou-frou" designers.

Definitely go for the cutout for the wiring. Form follows function.

Looks absolutely stunning! I have to have two! One for my home office and another for my home cinema!! Please keep me posted as to when I can order your stand!!

I agree that a matching vehicle mount would be perfect!! And if anyone knows of a truely designer, black leather case for the 770, please let me know! I've been looking for case options for three weeks and have been sadly disappointed by what's available.

Kudos Wireless!! Impressive design!

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Any updates?

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
Ready to buy still as well. Lets get the factories running and production flowing!!

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

Put me down for one as well. I would be willing to pay $25+S&H for one.

I love the look of your prototype and I'll pick one up as soon as they are available.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
I'm down for one