I don't really see anyone complaining, but I feel that the e-mail app is REALLY slow. Am I doing something wrong? Once I download the headers and messages into the 770 (timing on that is OK), clicking on a message and getting to view it takes at least 5-7 seconds and then skipping to the next message, at least 5-7 seconds again.

By comparison on the Palm TX, when I click on the header I can read it instantly. It is painful to read mail on the 770 especially if I have about 15 or 20 or them. I am not just downloading headers, but headers and messages and then I try to read them offline and it just takes forver for them to appear on the screen.

Since nobody else is complaining, I have to ask if I should be doing something differently with the settings.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
No-one's complaining because no-one uses the email application. Just pretend it's not there.

Nokia are working on improving it, and I've started porting the full-blown Sylpheed (see the ApplicationCatalogWip page).

http://bleb.org/software/770/sylpheed-2.png

I installed, and use a webmail application called roundcube to read my email on the 770. It works pretty well with the 770. PM me if you can't find it, or want to demo it before you install it.

-Jason

I use it with my POP3 Verizon account and yes; it's horribly slow and cumbersome. Why it takes so long to display a message that's already been downloaded and stored on the 770, I'll never know.

It's also missing some basic features like multi-selecting messages - this makes it a friggin' nightmare to delete a bunch of Spam or drag a whole group of messages to a folder. I'd like a delete button when you have a message open and I think it’s also missing a "mark as unread" feature.

I'd also like to see a basic rules feature to move email to specific folders, delete email based on sender or text, etc.

Originally Posted by Biomech
I use it with my POP3 Verizon account and yes; it's horribly slow and cumbersome. Why it takes so long to display a message that's already been downloaded and stored on the 770, I'll never know.

It's also missing some basic features like multi-selecting messages - this makes it a friggin' nightmare to delete a bunch of Spam or drag a whole group of messages to a folder. I'd like a delete button when you have a message open and I think it’s also missing a "mark as unread" feature.

I'd also like to see a basic rules feature to move email to specific folders, delete email based on sender or text, etc.
I miss the same features. Which programs have (some of) them? Is sylpheed OK, or is there anything better?