What can I say, what can I say, it's nice being one of the first in Canada to have this phone. Honestly though I didn't realize it would be this good, this phone is phenomenal, I'm actually speechless.

Big shout out to NYC Nokia fan who I met in the Flagship store lining up on Saturday morning, what a great guy. The Credit Card machines weren't working so all you saw were some hardcore Nokia N900 fans walking the streets searching for a Bank Machine. Funny thing was that when we got back to the store, the machines were working again..HAHAHA

Good group of guys outside waiting in line, I kinda figured alot of people wouldn't be there lining up in the morning because everyone basicallyh pre-ordered. I can respect that but I wanted that phone. So driving 8 hours was really worth it.

Just playing with just a tiny bit, I've realised enormous potential of this bad boy. Figured out how to download Bounce, but I'd like to ask someone where's the Firefox ICON on my browser? Is it already Firefox? I don't see any confirmation that it is.

More posts to come. THIS PHONE IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Diavoli For This Useful Post:
Sweeeeeeeeeeet daddy D

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Diavoli View Post
What can I say, what can I say, it's nice being one of the first in Canada to have this phone. Honestly though I didn't realize it would be this good, this phone is phenomenal, I'm actually speechless.

Big shout out to NYC Nokia fan who I met in the Flagship store lining up on Saturday morning, what a great guy. The Credit Card machines weren't working so all you saw were some hardcore Nokia N900 fans walking the streets searching for a Bank Machine. Funny thing was that when we got back to the store, the machines were working again..HAHAHA

Good group of guys outside waiting in line, I kinda figured alot of people wouldn't be there lining up in the morning because everyone basicallyh pre-ordered. I can respect that but I wanted that phone. So driving 8 hours was really worth it.

Just playing with just a tiny bit, I've realised enormous potential of this bad boy. Figured out how to download Bounce, but I'd like to ask someone where's the Firefox ICON on my browser? Is it already Firefox? I don't see any confirmation that it is.

Congrats on the getting the phone. See my post about downloading fennec:

http://www.chilitechno.com/blog/defa...ew_part_I.aspx

It's a pretty simple process, let me know your feedback on installing the app and launching it, as I noticed some lag issues, so I'd like to see if that was just isolated to me.

Enjoy the N900, it's awesome!

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
the browser is based on firefox technology but is not actually the official firefox
you can get that by going here though on your n900 http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/mobile/ its still beta so might not be as fast as default browser.
i'm glad you really like the n900 but can't help being jealous of you still waiting for mine to come.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA

Diavoli, what is also sweet is the super fast responces we all get when we post any problems that we encounter. Looking forward to your posts on your new N900 experiences!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
The inbuilt browser is called MicroB and based on the Mozilla engine. It is a very powerful and intuitive browser.
Firefox itself is still in beta stage on the N900, but available as a beta a download . Check this blog entry for more - or this cnet review.
I'm very satisified with the default browser.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Hey thanks for the link, can I ask you when I install Fennec, will it update automatically when the actual one is ready?

Do you know if they still have it?

Originally Posted by drm View Post
Do you know if they still have it?
Word on the net is that they are sold out, but I will stop by after work to confirm.

You should call them, that's what I did before I left. Hey does anyone know how do you take video? I'm still trying to figure it out and I can't seem to find it. Can someone give me the steps please?