Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
So, the ability to download photos from your DSLR, and upload to flickr or similar, with only your phone, would be of no interest (and if you can do that, controlling operation of your DSLR for time-lapse photos etc. should also be possible)? And, if your DSLR (like mine) supports HD video (with better lenses than phones with this capability), you would have no interest in being able to play that video back on HDTVs, at HD res, from your phone (in case you are visiting friends without your DSLR or laptop)?
Eye-Fi uploads without the need of a computer or phone to my Flickr account.

I can connect my DSLR directly to my TV via HDMI if I so choose. Not component like my N900.

My interest in a DSLR spec camera that will invariably compress or compact my images on my cellphone is next to non-existent. I just don't use my phone like that (yet).

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Didn't want to start a new thread for this:

but WHEN is the "MeeGo N Series" coming out? Be that N9 or whatever they decide to call it. My contract is up as of this month - 18 months of bliss with my N900 (mostly) - and I want to renew, so is there ANY news at all?

I would be more than happy to keep using the N900, but considering I can renew, I would like to upgrade to higher spec (camera/memory/cpu etc) if that is the case?

If the N9 has the same or slightly better tech, which I doubt - its probably going to be really nice I would stay with N900 anyway, but I would just like to see what it has and when it is released before making any other decisions, like, dare i say it, iphone??

Ok, maybe not iphone but there are some other nice devices out there like N8/E7 which would be a bit more "stable" lol and are starting to get equal tech/ or better options like upgraded camera etc - only issue is with their OS....

Any news at all would be good....thanks

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by davedickson View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread for this:

but WHEN is the "MeeGo N Series" coming out? Be that N9 or whatever they decide to call it. My contract is up as of this month - 18 months of bliss with my N900 (mostly) - and I want to renew, so is there ANY news at all?
No news, nobody knows.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
No news, nobody knows.
N8 it is then, cheers