Active Topics

This placement of cursor keys make me mad. Is the US layout the only one with 4 distinct cursor keys?
The UK one as well, I assume
I wonder whether they'll be any support for extended layouts and how it'll be implemented.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Amsterdam
Here you can see azerty
http://twitpic.com/ffnk5

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keesj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Switzerland
And for the Swiss Romande (French speaking part of Switzerland)?

We need a German QWERTZ keyboard with special characters in French (é,è,à,ê,etc..).

Is it possible to have a German keyboard and get the special character in press a special button and then press the button of the letter to change?
For exemple, in N810: [Chr] + [e] = é ; [Chr] + [e]x2 = è ; Etc..

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
I'm in the same dilemma as zehjotkah (albeit I have to decide between cursors and the swiss-french accents + layout, which is radically different from Azerty).

I lean very heavily toward an US layout with full cursor keys: my work environment is very english-oriented, so I won't need those accents that much.

Now the only problem I can see is will I be able to get a device with US layout in Switzerland? My favorite online-shop lists the keyboard as "QWERTZ", so I assume swiss-french or swiss-german layout, without full cursor keys... oh well, let's wait until it's really available and I will make my decision then

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by korbé View Post
And for the Swiss Romande (French speaking part of Switzerland)?
heh, I have the impression that I just found a fellow Suisse Romande resident

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Switzerland
Hello Switzerland friend. ^_^

Why is only Anglophones have completly directional buttons?

Why other are 4 directions on only 2 buttons?

It'll not be practical on some games.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
With a keyboard like that ( Scandinavian layout), I wonder if it makes much different if the 'space' button comes in half its current state, which leaves one more free button for up&down combination or right-Shift.

I think I'll try to get the UK layout for the following reasons: while on the web I write very often in english (and it's not really a problem for me), italian and dutch (my main languages) don't need very special characters, so i can stick with the UK layout with less problems. The only extra characters I may need are the ¨ (as in België) and some accented letters like ó é è í... I hope they'll be easy to find in the special characters submenu. :-)

Originally Posted by keesj View Post
Here you can see azerty
http://twitpic.com/ffnk5
It could have been worse Direct access to "é" and "à" is fine, but the ";"-key is useless. Why not an apostrophe-key instead (which is much more frequent in French)?

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
damn, was wondering how the scandinavian characters were going to fit - but never thought that the directional keys were going to be sacrificed. I was going to get someone to ship a Danish version to my current location in Australia, but now I'm not so sure.