Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
currently im using n12 umay 2.3.4. so my question is do i have to update 2.3.4 to 2.3.7 in oder to update it to ics. and what is the procedure to update it to ics.
I did not mention in any posts of mine about updating to 2.3.7 where do you guys come up with such conclusions?

Just untar the new archive over the old one, or wait for the new autoinstaller.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I did not mention in any posts of mine about updating to 2.3.7 where do you guys come up with such conclusions?

Just untar the new archive over the old one, or wait for the new autoinstaller.
some guy in facebook told me this. well how to untar it as im totally a newbie in these things. cant wait for the autoinstaller. will report bugs after upgrading as i love to find bugs.

--Post Removed--

Reason: Old Information...

Last edited by TransTech; 2012-01-01 at 08:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Have all repositories on.
I had all repo's active. Without installing new kernel(just leave that one is installed with autoinstaller) I have a lot of communications with init permission deined when booting nitdroid:

Code:
init: cannot execve('/system/bin/mediaserver'): Permission denied
And some more similar to that. I read about that on TMO, tried to mount /and and change chmod of /and/system/bin/* to 777 but that didn't solve my problem.

Any ideas?

Last edited by BrX; 2011-12-22 at 14:12.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Indonesia
im so sorry, i ve tried to install nitdroid twice, first was the 0.0.8 popov, i could run nitdroid, but couldn't go back to maemo, so i reflashed it , second, i installed N12 UMay, i couldn't even use both maemo and nitdroid, :\ im so sorry for being noobstruck, so i've just reflashed my phone again, now its without any programs from appman installed and i have 16gb mmc. please help me guyss :'(

Originally Posted by Dhicky View Post
im so sorry, i ve tried to install nitdroid twice, first was the 0.0.8 popov, i could run nitdroid, but couldn't go back to maemo, so i reflashed it , second, i installed N12 UMay, i couldn't even use both maemo and nitdroid, :\ im so sorry for being noobstruck, so i've just reflashed my phone again, now its without any programs from appman installed and i have 16gb mmc. please help me guyss :'(
make sure you have extras devel and testing are enabled in HAM. if not enable these repositories in HAM and then let it HAM to update itself. then you will have all the apps in HAM available for install. then run nitdroid auto installer and it will do the rest. then u will be able to use both maemo and nitdroid.

done it!!!! 4.03 on my n900. wow!

e-yes: 1000 * thanx !

whenever i keep touching the android....i get a message saying "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped"
any ideas why guys

thanks e-yes and ammyt for your hard work. running ICS. its pretty usable but still slow. loving it.

edit:i have a problem here. ics is running fine but its running at 1.15ghz at 100% cpu usage. and one more thing its not giving root access to any of my apps ?

Last edited by panjgoori; 2011-12-22 at 17:09.

can anyone plzz tell me how to install ics. the auto installer wouldnt work right.?
BACKUPMENU

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid