Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
But the Jolla C performs better overall, i also tested Here, Tomtom and NavFree.
Just because the apps load faster, displayed framerate is higher and i had no app crash as of yet.
How is that possible? The GPU is slower than the J1 from what I've read, and unless those apps are really optimized to use more than two cores, the CPU of the JC isn't really faster than J1 as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
RAM starvation in the Jolla 1, at a guess. Linux fills its RAM up with cache fairly effectively.

A simple way to test raw performance in simple cases like loading would be to drop caches, then compare.

http://www.linuxinsight.com/proc_sys...op_caches.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
Can confirm the JollaC feels must smoother - and multitasking between apps works much better without the background apps being killed through lack of memory consistently.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jonquark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Does anyone have an idea how to mask its orange back cover? I searched for a case , but can see only those flip covers which i hate. I have never used anything other than a black phone till now. And whenever i pick this up to make a call , it attracts unnecessary attention. I dont understand why on earth would somebody make a phone only in orange and red. I am thinking about something like a vinyl wrap since i cant see cases being available for this. Suggestions welcome

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
sadly when i search for accessories (for aqua fish) i get nothing but flip covers. no temper glass, screenguards, nothing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Stockholm
ordered on the 26th of July, got confirmation of payment on the 29th, picked it up today.. play time...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to attoiu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
sadly when i search for accessories (for aqua fish) i get nothing but flip covers. no temper glass, screenguards, nothing.
Check the following thread for tempered glass
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=97002

A couple of users gave the company the dimensions of the Jolla C. From looking at pictures of the Aqua Fish, the slots look to be in the right places, but you can compare the dimensions our community members sent in with measurements on your device to confirm.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
eBay.in has some. I have ordered one, but delivery is by Saturday this week. Will have to wait and see if it really "fits"!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Check the following thread for tempered glass
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=97002

A couple of users gave the company the dimensions of the Jolla C. From looking at pictures of the Aqua Fish, the slots look to be in the right places, but you can compare the dimensions our community members sent in with measurements on your device to confirm.
thanks man. i know about this thread and i want something that is easily available in the local Indian market, cant get brotect of course. i want something that fits perfectly on the screen not close.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
there are many things i would like to do on intex aqua fish, like to change icon set, font face etc but it requires to enable developer mode and which inturn voids warranty (not talking about patches).
this aint freedom. sailfish is open but they dont want you to even touch a bit of their OS.
sorry im not complaining but i am sharing my experience. sailfish is still a half baked OS.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, sailfishos, scamalot!, scamfish