Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So, the GF and I curled up and watched the latest Die Hard movie last night... and what do I see on the hacker rig during the scene where the semi truck chases the hazmat truck, but a 770! It had a blue screen on it with something in the middle, but it was definitely a 770.

Anyone else spot any tablets in the movies or on TV or anything?

The 2nd Fantastic Four movie uses the 770 pretty much as a major character! Actually it is used well, as an apparent thin client for some sort of bomb detector, and instant messenger.

Originally Posted by Jeffgrado View Post
The 2nd Fantastic Four movie uses the 770 pretty much as a major character! Actually it is used well, as an apparent thin client for some sort of bomb detector, and instant messenger.
I believe they used flash-based websites with the 770 in this movie.

And AFAIK, those two are the only movies I know of that feature Nokia Internet Tablets. With the introduction of the N810, I'm sure we will see them in more movies.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hahahhaha ya busted me!

I practically live on here during the day, so for everyone griping about duplicate posts, *I* missed one. :P

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
A sure sign of senility, Hedgie. It might advance quickly, so I urge you to toss your tablet, get off the couch and do some wild stuff while you still have the mental faculties. You know: bullfighting, skydiving, shopping cart racing...

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
That's cool! I took a closer look at the picture and think I figured out what is on the screen. Here, take a look for yourself...

EDIT: O well, this would be my first post with a photo and I can't seem to get the image to load up here from picasa. There doesn't seem to be an option to load a pic from my pc. So, how do y'all do it? What's the best (easiest?) way to post pics on ITT?

Last edited by Greyghost; 2008-01-08 at 18:42.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
That's cool! I took a closer look at the picture and think I figured out what is on the screen. Here, take a look for yourself...

EDIT: O well, this would be my first post with a photo and I can't seem to get the image to load up here from picasa. There doesn't seem to be an option to load a pic from my pc. So, how do y'all do it? What's the best (easiest?) way to post pics on ITT?
Try http://www.imageshack.us/, most users in this forum use it

Or you can use photobucket.com and post the image links with the image tag ([IMAGE]) and it will show up on the forums.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
and if you're in a Nokia frame of mind, www.twango.com