Active Topics

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Is there a hack, patch or possibility to enter your security code on Maemo by use of the hardware keyboard? I can't enter the security code of my main N900 anymore and it's because of the touchscreen that doesn't seem to respond anymore. The 'Done' button on screen is always pressed and hold, 'stuck' after every reboot so from there on I'm won't able enter any thing soon after.
I used a backup menu rootfs image that was provided by RobbieThe1st(Hero) on this forum to retrieve back my personal data early this week. After 5 years of usage I did also disassemble and cleaned my granny device a little bit after facing a lot of dust and green color transition on some internal hardware parts. I think that any type of device witch has or support a HW kb should support these kind of features.
Where can i buy myself a brand new N900?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Where can i buy myself a brand new N900?
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95980 (Sorry, could not resist )
The real answer is, you can't. A used one in a good shape, perhaps. A new one, forget it.

Regarding your subject, sorry, no idea. Maybe if you SSH into it, you might be able to do some magic. Like disable the lock code. But I do not know how, sorry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Netherlands, if you happen to live nearby delft or Gorinchem we could arrange something to get your data off. I have 2 n900's, we could borrow the touchscreen, and get your data off. But that's maybe much of an hassle

Also if you flash rootfs with flasher it will disable lockcode, albeit not change it You'll lose probably apps and everything that is on rootfs. Maybe then you can open xterm with ctrl shift x and from there copy to uSD.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Same as mr_pingu, I'm in Netherlands, to be precise Amsterdam.
Selling an N900 with a difficult camera button if you are interested (working touchscreen)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
When i tried to replace the USB connector of my old N900, i failed.

I could offer a touchscreen unit with matte screen-protector, but it is with a crack
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
I'm also from Amsterdam and my touchscreen has had problems for two weeks now. Strange...
Dongle Fongle, is your N900 still on sale? Is it difficult to replace the screen?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paul_b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
The touch screen problems that I had did disappeared suddenly and reappeared in worse way. I never replaced touch acres of my N900 but was lucky enough to find a seller that did offer 2 N900's for €30,- a piece. Used backupmenu soon after buying. It's not difficult to replace the touch screen just don't brute force and the right equipment for it.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aVEHm325-z8

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
With a philips 00 and Torx something screwdriver, one minute repair

The Following User Says Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:

Tags
buying n900, nokia n900