Active Topics

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I hope there hasn't been a miscommunication, would be disappointing if it was 10.1.
Why? Flash 11 doesn't really bring a lot to the table that the N9 can benefit from. A lot of changes to the player itself, most of the updates from the last few releases went to improving AIR. The most major thing of note was better 3D rendering over OpenGLES 2, but I'm fairly confident that developers aren't going to be targeting flash for mobile 3D games any time soon. I think possibly improved video decoding, but I think that was really targeted on Android, which isn't exactly the same plugin as the NPAPI plugin we'll be getting, In fact, I'd be willing to bet if he just lied and said it was Flash 11 and really just a modified Flash 10 binary, you wouldn't know the difference.

The real question you should be asking is not what version of Flash, but if was compiled with hardware acceleration

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sazpaimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Wow, wow and once more...wow! Just downloaded Firefox on my N9 from the Nokia store and I am very, very impressed. Here's my little test: I tried to watch the PureView teaser video via MyNokiaBlog and all I got was choppy audio. That was a few days ago. Just tried the exact same thing with Firefox, and yes, it played the video! OK, so it managed on 360p, and became choppy higher than that, but it is fine with me, as long as I can play flash videos, I'm happy!
Big thanks to jolo for making this happen. It's so good to know Nokia are still working hard to make this phone of theirs even better. I am a happy chap!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i still manage to get a new 64gb n9, lol, why its so hard to find it here,

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Wow, wow and once more...wow! Just downloaded Firefox on my N9 from the Nokia store and I am very, very impressed. Here's my little test: I tried to watch the PureView teaser video via MyNokiaBlog and all I got was choppy audio. That was a few days ago. Just tried the exact same thing with Firefox, and yes, it played the video! OK, so it managed on 360p, and became choppy higher than that, but it is fine with me, as long as I can play flash videos, I'm happy!
Big thanks to jolo for making this happen. It's so good to know Nokia are still working hard to make this phone of theirs even better. I am a happy chap!
i think ff with flash version is not going to be available until next week, you were using html5 to watch the webm video

Guys and community. Firefox updating in store ovi and is very fast sites and plugins.. Next week flash for firefox. Nice

The Following User Says Thank You to RafaelVlmendes For This Useful Post:
Yeah I tried it out. It is pretty speedy, but sadly it comes at the cost of battery life. Even when running in the background, Firefox averages around 15%-25% CPU utilization. Not really expecting a super optimized build, but for me, I think that's a little on the high side.

As long as flash works I'm not that bothered with battery draining in Fennec. I'll use the standard browser or Opera for sites that doesn't require flash.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
Yeah I tried it out. It is pretty speedy, but sadly it comes at the cost of battery life. Even when running in the background, Firefox averages around 15%-25% CPU utilization. Not really expecting a super optimized build, but for me, I think that's a little on the high side.
Hey.. it's first rela release from firefox to harmattan "maemo6". I think they try to make it even better.

any chance of a video of the performance?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
any chance of a video of the performance?
YouTube video playback in Firefox on my N950 http://youtu.be/wix6oz5-iAg

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
desperation, flash dance