I've used my Stowaway bluetooth keyboard with my N800 ever since I first got it back in March. Now I'm running OS2008, and it seems to be doing something distinctly odd.

For starters, it seems less responsive, particularly with modifier keys. More frequently, the first two letters of a sentence will become capitalized, perhaps because the notification of the release of the shift key is delayed. More practically, the Enter key is frequently missed, and I have to press it a few times to get it to take.

It may have something to do with another oddity that has cropped up: It will sometimes decide to suggest words as I type, as if I were pecking them out on the onscreen keyboard, with a stripe that takes up the bottom portion of the screen. The list of word suggestions continually updates, suggesting words after I've typed the first few characters. This significantly slows down typing speed, and would seem somewhat superfluous when using a bluetooth keyboard. Is there any way to disable this when I'm using a keyboard, rather than pecking with the stylus?

Edit: Appears to be a manifestation bug #2506. This is what I get for searching Bugzilla after posting.

Last edited by Ald; 2007-12-30 at 12:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ald For This Useful Post: