Posts: 48 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by shinchim0 View Post
I hear that start form "nokia suite V3.5" above are support for n9.
so you guy may try it.(not sure fully support or not)
Yes, you are right, but this is only a local sync tool and completely different from any sync over the air with services like memotoo or funambol. Here we discuss only sync over the air, that's our topic. If you like, you can try it.

The Following User Says Thank You to kermit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Innsbruck, Austria
Did somebody managed to use the GUI mentioned a few posts ago?

Originally Posted by RockOn_23 View Post
great software!

set it up with funambol and synced contacts, calendar, tasks and notes :-) I was waiting very long for solution of syncing tasks and notes :-)

I am not so familar with the terminal commands. How can I configure it to sync only tasks and notes?
Yes, just use on the command line: syncevolution funambol memo todo

Originally Posted by RockOn_23 View Post
Did somebody managed to use the GUI mentioned a few posts ago?
I tried it some months ago, it worked, but I preferred the command line tool, because you get more information about the sync process. The GUI cannot be used for any configuration. I'am not sure if it works with suncevolution 1.3.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Innsbruck, Austria
yes, I only need it for triggering the command line commands. I did not get it running under PR1.3

After finally giving up on the N9's inbuilt caldav-plugin because it just doesn't seem to be able to handle what I'm trying to do, I thought I would give syncevolution a try.

I have read through this thread in great detail and now appear to have successfully setup a sync between my caldav server and an N9 calendar.

Maybe I have missed something along the way, but what is the best way to setup syncevloution to run at pre-defined intervals on the N9?

EDIT:

Ok, maybe I spoke too soon, although I have data on the phone, syncevolution is reporting that the first slow sync has failed.

I am trying to using a piece of software called DavMail, to expose my corporate exchange calendar as a caldav server and then syncevolution to sync that onto my phone.

Has anyone user syncevolution with DavMail's caldav implementation?

Last edited by nbedford; 2012-11-03 at 14:08.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Since my tests with syncevolution 1.3 and my owncloud installation worked good, I decided to give an update to my GUI.
See http://www.ruinelli.ch/harmattan/syncevolution-gui for more information.

Let me know what you think about it.
If enought people want to use it, I might also add some adjustable settings.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Great news from caco3, thanks a l lot. I tried your tool with syncevolution 1.3+20120925+SE+0d86dc1+unclean on my N9 and got some error messages. The log had the following entries:

Peer: , sources: calendar addressbook memo todo, mode: two-way
Starting syncronisation ...
COMMAND: syncevolution --sync two-way calendar addressbook memo todo
[ERROR] no such source(s): addressbook memo todo

I use funambol as peer, but it seems that the peer is not detected. So I tried to run a sync from the command line. It runs without any issues.

btw. is it the right command? On the command line I normally use:
~ $ syncevolution funambol

Could you please help me.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by kermit; 2012-11-16 at 06:56.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
It uses the default peer as defined in /home/user/.config/syncevolution/config.ini
So please set it there and test again.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Thanks, now it works.

Some wishes and ideas:
- a progress bar
- the font is a bit small
- configuration of the font-color and background
- information about how many items are stored before and after the sync, new, updated or deleted

Anyway, thank you very much for your tool, I think there are many users interested because they are not so familiar with the command line.