Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
What knowledge do you posses to conclude ALL 3 million iPhone 4s drop calls? Articles by Engadget or Gizmodo showing bars dropping? Have you held an iPhone 4 in your hand and it dropped a call? The guy gave numbers. The actual dropping of calls is no different than the 3GS. You'll say it's a lie. But what data do you have to prove it's a lie?

NO, thats not what THE GUY said.
He said the iPhone 4 drops approximately 1 more call than the 3GS and then went on to skey the stats totally.

Many bloggers have reported the true meaning of that little stats...

While Jobs did admit this fact in his press conference, he mangled the stats to make the iPhone 4's dropped call increase look minor. "The iPhone 4 drops less than one additional call per 100 than the 3GS," he said. As Jobs sees it, that's not a big rise in dropped calls. Yet that's not an obvious conclusion. Last year, an AT&T spokesman told that AT&T's average iPhone dropped-call rate is 1 percent—in other words, the old iPhone dropped one call out of 100. If the iPhone 4 drops nearly one additional call out of 100, that could be close to a 2 percent dropped-call rate—or double the dropped-call rate of the old iPhone. That sounds a lot more serious, doesn't it?
Now how good does THAT look ?

This Article from Slate is pretty good take on the whole fiasco.

Last edited by nilchak; 2010-07-19 at 20:13.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Man... the way Apple is handling this gets worse and worse...

All along Apple said their products are magical, game-changing, special, and exceptional.

On Friday, Apple asked us to believe that the iPhone is just a phone. It's just like the phones that Nokia and RIM make, or Samsung or Motorola. Nothing special about it. That may be the single most important thing they said. All their marketing speak was down for one day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
Oh come on, we cant blindly bash Apple even on this forum. They made a very fair offer, "if you dont like your phone bring it back and get your money back".

Would Nokia ever do that?
eh, apple invented iReturn?

1. nokia hasn't got such disastrous problems
->
2. nokia doesn't need to announce publicly that you can return your device. (and beside everyone should know the 14 days doa thingie...)

e: personally I don't like apples way of handling things. first whispering that we have a tiny problem and then shouting how every cellphone in the world is ****ed up. I'd be really pissed if I'd bought iPhone 4 right now. (Jobs words to them: gtfo and get a condom free of charge, there is no possibility that our faulty antennae design is our fault. it is your fault! live with it!)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-07-19 at 20:36.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
That's true. If Nokia still has something going for it is that as dreadful as software support is, hardware support was beyond reproach. Never had an unfixable, never refused a challenge, backed up my data to boot.

OTOH, if it's not under warranty, they're as expensive as a pair of implants. Oh well, we have a saying over here: soft skin costs money.

I remember ATI having this problem. Excellent hardware, poor software to the point I donated cards just so I wouldn't run amok in alphabetical order, ATI. But, merge with AMD, now they arguable lead the market.

Maybe that's what Nokia needs. A merger. How does Samsungia sound? Panasokia? Nokny? Nokkle? IBN?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

I can imagine the iphone5 launch, the most talked about feature will be the .....reception.
The all thing is really bad for consumers. It lowers the bar. Instead of a recall and a true fix expect a free case, and your next phone you'll have to make sure reception is good. Well, if it isn't a Nokia.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Texas
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
NO, thats not what THE GUY said.
He said the iPhone 4 drops approximately 1 more call than the 3GS and then went on to skey the stats totally.

Many bloggers have reported the true meaning of that little stats...

Now how good does THAT look ?

This Article from Slate is pretty good take on the whole fiasco.
Just to put these stats in context, operators strive for statistic in excess of 99.5% call completion rates, so 2% is masive. The 0.5 drop rate includes faulty network hardware and links out to sites.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to siperkin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Well, so here is my conclusion, lol :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmb02...layer_embedded

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by siperkin View Post
Just to put these stats in context, operators strive for statistic in excess of 99.5% call completion rates, so 2% is masive. The 0.5 drop rate includes faulty network hardware and links out to sites.
Just to put these stats in real life context... you drop 2-3 calls instead of 1 every 200 calls.
Will you notice that?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Just to put these stats in real life context... you drop 2-3 calls instead of 1 every 200 calls.
Will you notice that?
You don't need to notice that. You know it for a fact.
Would you replace a credit card that charges 0.5% for one that charges 2% for every transaction ? Would you notice that ???

The Following User Says Thank You to giladmttw For This Useful Post:

Tags
delete me, free publicity, n900 is perfect, worstthreadever