Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Ohh I saw Grim Wepa on the screenshots, looks like Spoon Wep. I wannttt .

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Maybe I don't understand the situation well, but seriously, 1350EUR? Considering the cost of these devices, that's nothing. I'm surprised that anyone here is bothered by it. Recouping costs is reasonable.

I'd be happy to donate something if the project made an effort to address the concerns here, though I am certain that they have better things to do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fake For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
I would like to see a donation link on their homepage with a little lower number on it. I'll throw away ten bucks on almost anything, even a nice beer, but $25 is hard to justify. Their total will go to $170 the instant they make a ten dollar donation available.

The Following User Says Thank You to fake For This Useful Post:
Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by fake View Post
I would like to see a donation link on their homepage with a little lower number on it. I'll throw away ten bucks on almost anything, even a nice beer, but $25 is hard to justify. Their total will go to $170 the instant they make a ten dollar donation available.
Agreed, I would donate 10$. 25$ is a pair of shoes, close to a full tank of gas. When I see it that way, and the way the NeoPwn Devs complained to the community that we weren't giving enough support, I'll pass.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshv06 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Maybe I don't understand the situation well, but seriously, 1350EUR? Considering the cost of these devices, that's nothing. I'm surprised that anyone here is bothered by it. Recouping costs is reasonable.

I'd be happy to donate something if the project made an effort to address the concerns here, though I am certain that they have better things to do.
Agree on both points. 1350Eur is barely a months wage for any professional programmer, and if that's what the driver cost him to be developed then I can understand that he would want to recoup that cost. Anyone genuinely interested in using this software for more than trying to crack their neighbours wep key can probably donate something towards it's development.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-08-23 at 19:31.

hey
any news? today is the 28. you remember? Any of you guys got your files? Is it working as expected?

Only got 210 in donations so the 1350 target hasnt been met

Does this mean that the download links will not be sent out either or does it mean it will become free as such when the 1350 target is met or the download links will only go out once the target is met

It is a little unclear to me

I'm guessing the donations and the payments for the private beta are different things?

EDIT

There's been an update on the website

"NeoPwn v2 Beta Release Day!

We're still on schedule for the (private) Beta release. Expect mail in your inboxes this evening, about 22:00 (PDT). Quality bug reports welcome; n00betry is automatically /dev/null'd."

Last edited by SWFu; 2010-08-28 at 09:39.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Edit - never mind, bit slow this morning

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Hope i can join this beta ... Visa is coming next week