I haven't visited here for quite some time so I may have missed some posts, but some searching indicated that later versions of Maemo Mapper still doesn't have a proper fix for the combo N800 + OS2007, where the BT GPS option stays grayed out (un-selectable), and if you are unable to get GPSD working by those other workarounds you're stuck.

As I desperately need my GPS working again for tomorrow's trip I downloaded the source of 2.6.2 and fixed it by a) a dirty hack to configure.ac (it somehow failed to detect that libgpsbt should be searched for), and b) that triggered another problem in gpsbt.c which I also made a quick fix for.

The result is the attached .deb, which works for me. I didn't change the version number (this should really have a -TA-t3 sub-version or something), but I'm really short of time. If you want to try it, download and dpkg -i it. No guarantees, it does work for me though.

I'll be back next week so I'll try to follow this up if necessary. For now, I'm a happy camper with a working MM+GPS+OS2007+N800, and maybe the .deb will help someone else too.
Attached Files
File Type: deb maemo-mapper_2.6.2_armel.deb (349.9 KB, 356 views)

Hello,
i have installed ur modified version of the mapper. now the bluethooth option is not grayed out any more, and I can detect the bluetooth GPS BlueNext 906. but then the mapper says "searching for GPS ..." all the time!

why is that?

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I haven't visited here for quite some time so I may have missed some posts, but some searching indicated that later versions of Maemo Mapper still doesn't have a proper fix for the combo N800 + OS2007, where the BT GPS option stays grayed out (un-selectable), and if you are unable to get GPSD working by those other workarounds you're stuck.

As I desperately need my GPS working again for tomorrow's trip I downloaded the source of 2.6.2 and fixed it by a) a dirty hack to configure.ac (it somehow failed to detect that libgpsbt should be searched for), and b) that triggered another problem in gpsbt.c which I also made a quick fix for.

The result is the attached .deb, which works for me. I didn't change the version number (this should really have a -TA-t3 sub-version or something), but I'm really short of time. If you want to try it, download and dpkg -i it. No guarantees, it does work for me though.

I'll be back next week so I'll try to follow this up if necessary. For now, I'm a happy camper with a working MM+GPS+OS2007+N800, and maybe the .deb will help someone else too.

Hm, I have no immediate answer to that. It continues to work perfectly with my own BT GPS. Are you saying that you see your GPS (i.e. it is switched on, and the N900 BT is on too), you select it, but it still continues in 'searching for GPS' mode? Is your device an N800, with OS2007?

Tags
maemo mapper