Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
4.0.4 at least in my hands consumes much less battery. For first time I'm browsing with battery saving off.
Then, unfortunately, there is the brick bug.... And unfortunately no third party kernel is 100% functioning with 4.0.4 (i.e. SpeedMod up to 3-7 has no Bluetooth)
Is it only bluetooth that's not working correctly? Or are there other functions?

I've been considering whether to try it out. I might have found a "safe" method I think. I've downloaded 4.0.4, extracted the zip, extracted the tar file. Inside this Russian doll is the Zimage. Beware as 'ere be dragons. Possible brick bug zimage.

What I want to do is take out this Zimage then re-zip back up, then boot to CWM and flash the zip.

What I don't know is; do I have replace this zimage with the zimage of the kernel I want? The "safe" kernel ( currently I'm using speedmod) could be put in there as replacement before zipping back up.

OR Is it possible to just delete the the zimage without having to replace it with anything. Will that work or will it make the flash process break?

The idea of this would be to always keep a "safe" kernel that shouldn't brick your device due to the emmc bug but you could still flash any old rom you like by replacing/deleting the zimage.

Gave that a go last night and I must not be doing something right. Either I need to re-zip it differently or I need to use something other than CWM (mobile odin?) because it's just aborting before it actually starts flashing anything.
Suppose I could always flash the separate elements on pc odin?

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
Is it only bluetooth that's not working correctly? Or are there other functions?

I've been considering whether to try it out. I might have found a "safe" method I think. I've downloaded 4.0.4, extracted the zip, extracted the tar file. Inside this Russian doll is the Zimage. Beware as 'ere be dragons. Possible brick bug zimage.

What I want to do is take out this Zimage then re-zip back up, then boot to CWM and flash the zip.

What I don't know is; do I have replace this zimage with the zimage of the kernel I want? The "safe" kernel ( currently I'm using speedmod) could be put in there as replacement before zipping back up.

OR Is it possible to just delete the the zimage without having to replace it with anything. Will that work or will it make the flash process break?

The idea of this would be to always keep a "safe" kernel that shouldn't brick your device due to the emmc bug but you could still flash any old rom you like by replacing/deleting the zimage.

I would more easily use Mobile Odin Pro, first select the full LRG firmware, then before flashing select another kernel (at present best choice is CfRoot LRG kernel which has not brick bug but has CWM, and for the remaining part is stock), then select everroot, inject su, inject mobile odin pro, then flash all the stuff.
And you're done, LRG firmware with safe kernel, root and whatever.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Hi, I am trying to find something like N900 auto disconnect on note but I cannot find one. I do find few apps which can disconnect from WIFI on out of range but I need a apps just like auto disconnect which can monitor the ideal time of WIFI, 3g and bluetooth - timeout the connection. I am forgetting to close the connection which drains my battery and increase my data pack cost. please suggest some solutions.

Thanks !!!

There are plenty. Juice defender?

There are plenty. Juice defender?
Thanks, let me try it but I think Juice defender has option to turn off wifi only if the device is out of range. I need some app to check the ideal time the connection.

Thanks!!!

Select custom power saving mode from settings and just tick turn off wifi when not connected.will that do what you want? Is the option for connected to wifi actually, Or does it mean not connected to charger? It doesn't really say.worth a try though.

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
Select custom power saving mode from settings and just tick turn off wifi when not connected.will that do what you want? Is the option for connected to wifi actually, Or does it mean not connected to charger? It doesn't really say.worth a try though.
After trying different combination of settings, I got the right combination successful with advance settings option in JuiceDefender app:

Control: Wifi (Preferred, auto disable), AutoSync(Ping)
Bluetooth: Disable 5m, Enable on changer
Schedules: Schedule 2h
Trigger: Traffic 100KB/30s

Thanks for all the help !!!

In the past few minutes Hardcore made available his latest SpeedMod kernel, which works well with latest ics 4.0.4.
Great speed and smoothness!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=28909993
Go test it...

In the past few minutes Hardcore made available his latest SpeedMod kernel, which works well with latest ics 4.0.4.
Great speed and smoothness!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=28909993
Go test it...
I haven't tested the new 4.0.4 roms and kernels but people are saying:
- smoother
- much more battery life
- less stability issues
- Bluetooth working

Looks like Samsung has caught up to the AOSP ROMs and I might actually make the jump back for S Pen, MHL and OTG functions.

I don't condone Thor kernel anymore, he's made no contribution to ICS development and the other kernels are now as good or better than his. Try these ultimate combinations!!

ANiDroid Kernel with:
-ICStunner v1.6.26
-AOKP build 41 (milestone 6)
-ParanoidAndroid v0.5

GL_NOTECORE v4 Kernel with:
-LiquidSmooth V3.0 (m3ddog's not firas)
-Samsung xxLRG

SpeedMod K3-9 Kernel with:
-LiquidSmooth V3.0 (m3ddog's not firas)
-Samsung xxLRG

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-07-18 at 08:19.

Tags
android, galaxy note