Notices

Related with the blue double tick (i guess), i haven't change it, so got default.

Send message to contact, double green tick shows, close chat, contact respond, open chat, the double green tick is now grey tick.

Let me disable and check.

Greetings.

Edit: I fact, doesn´t matter, once when you close the chat window and open again, the double green tick change to grey (with or without the blue tick enable/disable).

Don't know if the other person have the double blue tick enable.

Edit 2: The x is typing doesn't work for contacs either, and green/blue ticks shows as far you have the chat open, when you close and open again, shows grey tick.

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2015-01-31 at 15:10.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Edit: I fact, doesn´t matter, once when you close the chat window and open again, the double green tick change to grey (with or without the blue tick enable/disable).

Don't know if the other person have the double blue tick enable.

Edit 2: The x is typing doesn't work for contacs either, and green/blue ticks shows as far you have the chat open, when you close and open again, shows grey tick.
Can confirm the 'x is typing bug', but the ticks issue... I don't know what to say, I'm not experiencing that at all, even across reboots the tick status is maintained.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Can confirm the 'x is typing bug', but the ticks issue... I don't know what to say, I'm not experiencing that at all, even across reboots the tick status is maintained.
Is wierd, in groups shows everything normal, in contacts is the thing, have to try with others contacts.

Greetings.

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2015-01-31 at 15:49.

Thank you very much for this update guys, I thought it would have taken much more time than few days!!

Speaking about sending blue ticks, I made a test with another phone and noticed:

- chat window closed on Yappari, 2nd phone sends message: on second phone I got double green tick until I open maemo system notification, then I get blue ticks -> all right!

- leaving chat window open on Yappari, 2nd phone sends message: on second phone I always get blue ticks, no matter N900 chat window is in background or screen is locked -> when blue led notification is still blinking on N900, I already get blue ticks on 2nd phone

I think sending blue ticks should happen, if feasible, using same event that disables blue led notification (when user opens maemo system notification).
What do you think about?

The Following User Says Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
Thank you very much for this update guys, I thought it would have taken much more time than few days!!

Speaking about sending blue thicks, I made a test with another phone and noticed:

- chat window closed on Yappari, 2nd phone sends message: on second phone I got double green tick until I open maemo system notification, then I get blue thicks -> all right!

- leaving chat window open on Yappari, 2nd phone sends message: on second phone I always get blue thicks, no matter N900 chat window is in background or screen is locked -> when blue led notification is still blinking on N900, I already get blue thicks on 2nd phone

I think sending blue thicks should happen, if feasible, using same event that disables blue led notification (when user opens maemo system notification).
What do you think about?
That's a good idea, thank you! I can't test all use cases and this is something that I didn't even think about. I'll take a look at it.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
I've just solved the 'X is typing...'. It'll be on next release, which I hope will be ready some time next week.

For groups it'll work also by saying who is typing (well, when multiple people are typing at the same time, only the one that started typing the last will be notified of, else it'd clutter the status bar and would be harder to code )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
It doesn't matter if last seen timestamp is wrong, it will be obsolete soon.
Whatsapp sends last seen when you subscribe to a contact.
The new code will be updated soon.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Grailham City
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
It doesn't matter if last seen timestamp is wrong, it will be obsolete soon.
Whatsapp sends last seen when you subscribe to a contact.
The new code will be updated soon.
May I ask what you mean by "subscribe to a contact"?

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by simsalabim View Post
May I ask what you mean by "subscribe to a contact"?
When you open a chat, your whatsapp clients sends "subscribe" to this contact, so you can know when he's online. This function now retrieves the last seen, so current one will be deprecated soon.

PS: Whatsapp VOIP is on its way... but it will take some time to implement in unofficial clients...
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
When you open a chat, your whatsapp clients sends "subscribe" to this contact, so you can know when he's online. This function now retrieves the last seen, so current one will be deprecated soon.

PS: Whatsapp VOIP is on its way... but it will take some time to implement in unofficial clients...
For me the current one still doesn't work. When I open a chat window, the system sends out jabber:iq:last request, but the reply I get back invariably is 501 / feature-not-implemented. This happens for all my contacts.

(Yappari 2.0.3)

Tags
whatsapp, yappari