Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I was thinking about the archive issue today, and it occurred to me that it would be fairly simple to write a plugin for that. If the plugin were to be used solely for videos downloaded via cuteTube, then it could use the paths for the categories defined in the main config file:

cuteTube2.conf

Code:
[Categories]
Foo=/path/for/foo
Bar=/path/for/bar
Queries to tracker (or a simple ls command) could be limited to these paths. The only limitation would be that the paths would need to be used only for cuteTube downloads.

Alternatively, a plugin could have more widespread support for local videos, even allowing the user to define their own directories in the UI by providing a declarative settings file:

local_videos.settings

Code:
<settings title="Local videos">
    <text key="directories" title="Directories" />
</settings>
A comma separated list of directories could then be queried using tracker to get the videos. Plugins can also support search:

local_videos.plugin

Code:
Name=Local videos
SupportedListResources=video
SupportedSearchResources=video
UrlRegExp=(file://|)/.+\\.(mp4|mpeg|avi|flv)  //etc
Exec=/home/user/scripts/local_videos.sh
Now the user can:
  • Browse local videos in user-definable directories.
  • Search local videos.
  • Show a local video in cuteTube using a dbus call.

Plugins can also possible support other resources, such as playlists.

My website

GitHub

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Bad news and good news.

Bad news first.

Since last night the search stop working, the only result that shows up is the device support one.

You can search for a channel and shows the results but when try to access to the uploads videos, the shows device support.

Good news, Cutetube2 works very nice, is very basic the 0.0.1 (the UI) but search and view videos works very nice.

The option to choose the format to view the video is good but for a regular user, the 720p option doens't work (video cannot be played, by the way, it shows the message in yellow and white, the white doesn't see it well) and the 360 webm is kinda intermittent.

Some stuff are missing but is understandable for the first relaese.

Thanks a lot marxian, this is gonna be the official thread for Cutetube2 or you will be open a new one?

Greetings.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Pondokgede, Indonesia
hi, lately i experienced this problem.

any ideas on what happened? i hope for a fix.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by ndhikaa View Post
hi, lately i experienced this problem.

any ideas on what happened? i hope for a fix.
Try reading the thread

@marxian on your list of priorities, could you put the share (link mostly, don't care to much social) on top-ish?

Greetings.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Bad news and good news.

Bad news first.

Since last night the search stop working, the only result that shows up is the device support one.

You can search for a channel and shows the results but when try to access to the uploads videos, the shows device support.
I read that and was hoping that I could still use the copy-link-to-clipboard feature, but alas, no. Even a youtube video that one has a link to cannot be viewed in cutetube anymore due to google fudging up the youtube API. FOAD Google. Grrrrrr.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Does the new Youtube API include DRM'ed video? If so can we even decode the DRM stuff for playback or for saving?

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I read that and was hoping that I could still use the copy-link-to-clipboard feature, but alas, no. Even a youtube video that one has a link to cannot be viewed in cutetube anymore due to google fudging up the youtube API. FOAD Google. Grrrrrr.

apt-get install cutetube2

It's currently in progress but martian is already doing good work on it

The Following User Says Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
@marxian Well that was fast, thank you so much for include the copy URL in the 0.0.2 version.

Greetings.

A small request/query for cuteTube2. Are you planning to re-add the search history functionality and remembering the last used search mode (relevance, date, views etc)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube