Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Beta version of 1.6.0 is here:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...eta1_armel.deb

Uninstalling Nokia Store version must be done before it can be installed.

The biggest change is that all rules that match are activated, as outlined a couple of posts above. Since this can change how your rules work (depending what kind of rules you have), I recommend testing so that any problems can be ironed out before release.

Here's what's new in this beta compared to 1.5.0:

- Multiple rules activated
- Acttive rules are shown in the UI (blue bar on rules that are active)
- Stand-by screen action (contributed by Ferdinand Mayet)
- Background connections action
- Custom action has a "Test" button to run the command
- Location by cell id has a timeout setting

Thanks to Ferdinand Mayet for his work on Stand-by screen!

One more thing. I've experienced that sometimes when I opened a rule for editing, all I get is a black page with the toolbar. Let me know if you experience it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Seems to work smoothly so far but haven't tried doing anything beyond what I already had set up with v1.5. No sign of the black page on editing yet...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
Seems to work smoothly so far but haven't tried doing anything beyond what I already had set up with v1.5. No sign of the black page on editing yet...
Thanks,

I hope and suspect that it works with most rules like the old version, it's good to get confirmation on that.

There is a slight glitch when using Availability with "restore previous" in the current beta. So if anyone runs into that, it'll be fixed in the next beta release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Beta version of 1.6.0 is here:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...eta1_armel.deb

Very good. Thank ajalkane.

The Following User Says Thank You to banong For This Useful Post:
Slight panic when my standby-screen didn't come back quite when I expected while playing around but so far so good!

One thing I noticed is that Account availability list shows accounts that are disabled so won't work. This might be deliberate but user-beware!

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Thanks for a great app.

Installed version 1.5 from ovi store. Noticed one bug with one of my rules. I have set my availability online when I connect to my home wlan and have also set restore previous availailability when it disconnects. Seems that this does not work always as the availability is still online after disconnection from the wlan.

Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
One thing I noticed is that Account availability list shows accounts that are disabled so won't work. This might be deliberate but user-beware!
Good find. I don't think it's deliberate, will have to see if there's an easy way to show only non-disabled accounts.

Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
Thanks for a great app.

Installed version 1.5 from ovi store. Noticed one bug with one of my rules. I have set my availability online when I connect to my home wlan and have also set restore previous availailability when it disconnects. Seems that this does not work always as the availability is still online after disconnection from the wlan.
Thanks,

maybe the WLAN connection drops for a second sometimes. This could perhaps cause restore previous availability to get wrong availability status for restoring.

Try to put a WLAN timeout into the rule, like 30 seconds or what you feel would be correct.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Thanks,

maybe the WLAN connection drops for a second sometimes. This could perhaps cause restore previous availability to get wrong availability status for restoring.

Try to put a WLAN timeout into the rule, like 30 seconds or what you feel would be correct.
I have wlan timeout 60 seconds.

Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
I have wlan timeout 60 seconds.
What other rules you have? Especially in the rule that sets the availability, and in the default rule.

How often does this approximately happen? If it happens quite often, you could try the newest beta as I've slightly changed the logic of availability restoring in it:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...eta2_armel.deb

For beta1 users, the newer beta has some availability fixes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: