Active Topics

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
Originally Posted by philh View Post
Well, it`s out. In here I can see all I needed to see and I`m affraid this solution is not for me.
we german speaking people would say... "man ist der dick man"

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Originally Posted by philh View Post
Well, it`s out. In here I can see all I needed to see and I`m affraid this solution is not for me.
you'd think with a back that massive they'd be able to pack in more batteries than that!!
just looking i could fit 2 of my bld-3s in that same space and that'd give an extra 2*780mAh or even just 2 of the BLD-5s would be smaller?

god knows how the camera flash will react being inclosed like that as well surely it will bounce off into the lens

they turned my beautiful phone into a fatty ... i dont like it

how smart are the batteries? could i just connect another one in parlell?

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
they turned my beautiful phone into a fatty ... i dont like it
Uh, the phone was a "fatty" to begin with... just made it morbidly obese now...

The batteries are "dumb" enough. The third pin contains a resistor to signal the capacity.

120 kOhm apparently means 1500mA (I measured BP-5L and BP-4L).
68.6 kOhm for a "720mAh" BL-5C compatible third-party battery.
75 kOhm for Nokia original BL-5C.

Connecting more than one "third pin" together would drop the resistance, which would signal lower capacity, so that's probably not what you want. Probably the easiest is to just have the BSI (third pin) pin of the biggest battery connected and the rest unconnected. The batterymeter would think the battery is smaller than it really is, but that just makes the meter pessimistic, I'd think.

It's VERY IMPORTANT that any Li-Ion batteries you connect in parallel are balanced, BEFORE you connect them together in parallell. This means you need to measure their voltage and make sure they're within 0.05V of eachother, or thereabouts. If you don't do this, power will flow uncontrollably from the stronger batteries to the weaker batteries, potentialy overheating both batteries, which will damage the batteries, and risks an explosion that can damage property and life.

is it smart to buy extra batteries from ebay? or does anybody have a reliable place to buy an appropriate battery for the n900

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
just pay with paypal via ebay and you should be safe in case of a scam. (ebay guarantee, so be careful to read it).
also look for a user with a lot of ratings and at least 95% positive. And you should be same.