Active Topics

Notices

Hello,
AppWatch is a Qt based application (currently in Extras-devel) which allows for easier tracking of repository activities, namely:

* Repository history - list of applications being added, updated or removed from various repositories (even those not enabled by the user, e.g. testing and devel)

* Hot Apps - list applications by download activity last week

* App Forecast - show applications currently in QA, in order of expected arrival to Extras

* App Stats - download graph of particular applications

* Show a graph with the number of apps in repositories

NOTE: Most menus have extra settings/filters available - just tap on the toolbar !

Known issues: Notifications and disk usage don't quite work yet.

AppWatch was developed by Attila Csipa and its visuals were designed by me, Ivan Zorkic. Attila’s plan is to bring high quality apps for Maemo to the world. My plan is to equip them with enough eye candy so that the average user can enjoy them and not get scared by the whole Linux thing

The Following 91 Users Say Thank You to ivanzorkic For This Useful Post:
andy_x_net, attila77, BlackDiamond, borghal, born2wonder, Bratag, broeman, bzhnjm, c0rt3x, cashclientel, ceevee, codeMonkey, conny, Crugath, crus42, DaSilva, debernardis, edgar2, gionni88, God_Lx, Hankyone, Helmuth, IcyAirs, iKneaDough, inidrog, INSaino, ioan, jakiman, jcharpak, jer006, jkq, juahan, juxxxer, Kajko, Kee, Ken-Young, kevloral, kik, krk969, Lacedaemon, lattenwald, Legis, lorelei, MaLKaV, mannakiosk, manvik60, mason, Mikael, mikec, mikhmv, mmlado, Modell900, mosiomm, ndi, Netweaver, Nikem, nilchak, noobmonkey, NvyUs, pillar, quangmach, qwerty12, R-R, Rauha, rcull, real_per, resplendent2209, reviver, Rob1n, robbie, sachin007, scifi.guy, skalogre, smegheadz, sparkle58, sph, Stevebratt, Strutten, suihkulokki, Switch_, t7g, Tomaszd, Tstone, twaelti, ukki, v13, vode, Wikiwide, YoDude
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
A small usability note - finger scrolling became available in a version of Qt released after the official firmware, so, alas, you'll have to use the tiny scrollbars for now - when PR1.1 (=the new firmware) lands, appwatch should automagically gain fingerscroll powers.

EDIT: The same applies to the little arrow in the toolbar indicating the toolbar has (sub)options. It's not there now, but should be with PR1.1.

Last edited by attila77; 2010-01-05 at 10:24.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I've been using the older AppWatch everyday since it came out.
I just upgraded to this and wow, it's so much more beautiful..!!

Some questions:
1. What is the Repo column. (Red/Yellow/Greed etc) I have some idea but not 100% sure.
2. Will it ever be able to work as an installer launcher? (As in, click on the app in the Repository History and have ability to install /update. This would be awesome.)

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Just hoping someone will do the same for flash apps. I'd love a categorized repository of flash apps proven to work on the N900/Maemo 5 (well, technically, its browser).

@jakiman

red = extras-devel
yellow = extras-testing
green= extras

F = Fremantle (Maemo 5.0)
D = Diablo (Maemo 4.1)
etc

You can toggle these from the settings/toolbar menu.

as for installing, yes, but I'm still thinking how to solve this for repositories not enabled by the particular user (f.e. enable testing, instal fooapp, disable testing in one go to minimize exposure to unstable packages).

Last edited by attila77; 2010-01-05 at 08:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Are you the same guy who has posted those beautiful screenshots (mockups) here http://tabletui.wordpress.com/2009/1...ras-assistant/ ?
If yes, do you still have the plan to do it like that and when?

Some bugs/enhancements:

- Add changelog for updates (on details)
- Repository statistics has no legend and the graphs are displayed in a strange way (x-axis is not even horizontal!)
- Show a loading animation when it fetches all items for the list
- Show an arrow icon in the title to indicate that there is an options menu
- Use kinetic scrolling and remove the scrollbar (with PR1.1)
- Use the icon of the app if there is no screenshot
- Too long applications names are not cut
- Version name is not readable if too long
- Date is cut by the scrollbar
- The graphical description labels ("Repo", "Date" etc.) don't have the right size and "Rating" is missing
- Notifications button does nothing, not even an information for future development

But very good work, it is one of my favorite apps

Last edited by DaSilva; 2010-01-05 at 09:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
@ ivanzorkic, @ attila77: where and how do you want the feedback?

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Are you the same guy who has posted those beautiful screenshots (mockups) here http://tabletui.wordpress.com/2009/1...ras-assistant/ ?
If yes, do you still have the plan to do it like that and when?
Nope, that's the danielwilms+wazd team (see here), BUT I have contacted Daniel and there'll certainly be at least some cross-pollination between the projects.

- Add changelog for updates (on details)
This is a bit tricky as update info is available only *within* the package. I'll talk to Jeremiah to see whether it can be made available via the web or sorts.

- Repository statistics has no legend and the graphs are displayed in a strange way (x-axis is not even horizontal!)
That's supposed to be a perspective-kind-of-view. The end result I'm aiming for is something like ivanzorkic's concept graph. Not nearly ready in the app, obviously

- Show a loading animation when it fetches all items for the list
- Show an arrow icon in the title to indicate that there is an options menu
- Use kinetic scrolling and remove the scrollbar (with PR1.1)
These are all PR1.1, actually (the graph shows the progress bar when loading... except it's also broken so I skipped it for the rest of the screens )

- Use the icon of the app if there is no screenshot
Appwatch doesn't quite know if there is a screenshot, I'm taking the imagery from downloads (that's where the '?' comes from). But sure, worth a thought.

- Too long applications names are not cut
- Version name is not readable if too long
- Date is cut by the scrollbar
- The graphical description labels ("Repo", "Date" etc.) don't have the right size and "Rating" is missing
Yeah, ivanzorkic originally used a different font and I messed up his layout Will try to make it look a bit more polished.

- Notifications button does nothing, not even an information for future development
Yes, broken ATM, but since I promised a release for last night I did not want to delay it because of that - at least you have something to look forward to the next version to

But very good work, it is one of my favorite apps
You're welcome

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Also, some good news for N800/N810 owners - Appwatch is now available for DIablo as well ! The layout/menu is a bit off due to the differences between Maemo 4 and 5, but it certainly is functional (just don't forget to change the repository filters as they are set to Fremantle by default).

Originally Posted by onutz View Post
@ ivanzorkic, @ attila77: where and how do you want the feedback?
This thread is just fine until we get to Extras (at which point you can use the maemo.org download feedback page).

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ troll cave
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
@jakiman

red = extras-devel
yellow = extras-testing
green= extras

F = Fremantle (Maemo 5.0)
D = Diablo (Maemo 4.1)
etc
Why would diablo users want to see fremantle apps or the other way around?

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
as for installing, yes, but I'm still thinking how to solve this for repositories not enabled by the particular user (f.e. enable testing, instal fooapp, disable testing in one go to minimize exposure to unstable packages).
Very good idea

As for extras-testing, howabout adding support for voting apps up/down in the QA? doing it directly from the "installed extras-testing applications" list would be so much easier than navigating on the website..

Last edited by suihkulokki; 2010-01-05 at 12:02. Reason: fx quotes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suihkulokki For This Useful Post: