Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
here's another photo. the wig is fake, but the doppler effect is still there!

By the way, for those of you wondering, I DID use the following quotes from the show:
"I'll give you a hint: niiioouuuuum"
"I don't care if nobody gets it, I'm still going as the Doppler effect"
I am "The most accurate visualization of a scientific principle"
"It's the apparent change in the frequency of the wave caused by relative motion between the source of the wave and the observer"

P.S. I am going to a "science" college, so most of the students actually got the costume (either after I explained it, or they watch the big bang theory also). Oh, I DID win first prize in the costume contest, and a good number of chocolates from various physics' teachers
Attached Images

And it is cheaper, lighter and less consuming than an x86 laptop!

Last edited by iliaden; 2008-11-06 at 04:43. Reason: corrected spelling of "niiiuuuuuuum"

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
That, my friend, is a true nerd. Props to you!

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Originally Posted by bluesubaru View Post
How well does the show relate culturally? Is geek culture the same in the UK as it is in the USA?
It's definitely American, the culture is quite different. as dan said, the IT Crowd is much more like UK. The biggest difference between US and UK is probably around the comics; it's much more of a niche thing over here. But a geek is a geek is a geek, regardless of where his(/her?) interests lie.

Tags
tv show