Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Let's talk about this funny show Big Bang Theory. I think it one of the funniest shows on TV currently. Is it shown outside of the US?

How many of you actually have a friend or colleague like Shelden? or have a Halo night?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I too love Big Bang Theory. Probably because I was (am) a nerd. I also can relate to the "Chuck" sitcom. As a teenager, my big dream was to work at a Radio Shack store.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Yes, I enjoy Big Bang Theory as well. (and, Chuck, too).

Originally Posted by Den_in_USA
As a teenager, my big dream was to work at a Radio Shack store.
Was that a dream or a nightmare?

I worked at Radio Shack for a while... I remember the work crews in my store, installing neon accent lighting that proclaimed Radio Shack as "the technology store". Yes, I remember looking up in the midst of filling out hand-written sales receipts and wondering when the workers would finish the installation of our new neon sign...

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Speaking of Radio Shack, I think they made a huge mistake when they stopped giving out catalogs at the store. I could look up parts at home before going down to buy. Also the new catalog sat there on the table, tempting me to go down and look at the latest gagets!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I think the show has potential, but the timing on it seems forced and awkward to me. But if a show is given enough time those things tend to self-correct.

One of the best sitcoms to come out in awhile! Never miss a show! Sheldon oddly reminds me of General Antilles Hope he doesn't take offense to that...

^ That made me laugh for a good 30 seconds. I can see it a little bit.

^^ ditto

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Great show, too bad they (CBS) censor stuff. As you might already know Chuck Lorre also does another "little" show Two and a half men.
Speaking of sitcoms, I've had high hopes for How I met your mother, but I think they lost their cool past season 2.

What's censored on Big Bang?

Tags
tv show