Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Lumiaman can be the new CEO...

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Marko Ahtisaari for president
please

I was thinking to create a web with just 1 poll.

web:

www.fire-elop.com

Poll:

fire Elop

and a counter to know how many people want Elop out of Nokia.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
i just wanted to put this back on the recent list to make some of the tmo members go ape ****, looking at some if the heat topics going on here.
dead thread digging ftw.
Damn you.

I lol'd.

Originally Posted by 48GX View Post
I was thinking to create a web with just 1 poll.

web:

www.fire-elop.com

Poll:

fire Elop

and a counter to know how many people want Elop out of Nokia.

It's a good idea!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
i just wanted to put this back on the recent list to make some of the tmo members go ape ****, looking at some if the heat topics going on here.
dead thread digging ftw.
Awesome!
Can you also resurrect Abill_UK while you're down there?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This would be changing CEOs not only midstream, but after Nokia has already gone over the falls.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Awesome!
Can you also resurrect Abill_UK while you're down there?
you miss him?

again time to look at this as Nokia has a class action going on?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
This would be changing CEOs not only midstream, but after Nokia has already gone over the falls.
Sometimes, when you've realized you've made the grave mistake of pissing in your pants, the best time to take a course of action is midstream. Given Anssi Vanjoki's idiotic quote, it's particularly ironic that going with Microsoft's mobile platform turned out to be so much more like pissing in your pants to keep warm in the winter--only without even the benefit of any of the warmth at all.

I find the last three paragraphs particularly prophetic in their apocalyptic outlook for Nokia:
"Nokia would essentially be reduced to nothing more than another OEM offering up Android on near identical handsets. Any sense of differentiation between the firm and its Asian rivals would be lost in an instant, the company scrapping for market share with fewer weapons in its arsenal as a result.

Instead, Nokia is set to push it new line up of smartphones – which include the Symbian^3 powered N8 – as a credible rival to Android in the run up to Christmas.

It's also become clear than even with Symbian^4 on the schedule, it's Nokia and Intel's joint venture MeeGo - first devices due 2011 - that the company's longterm profitability hangs on."
In the end, that's exactly what they became anyway--just another OEM, only for a far more obscure platform.. AND worse, they didn't even take advantage of their supposed ability to differentiate themselves from other Windows mobile devices by customizing or improving the operating system in any way for themselves. I'm not even sure Microsoft would let them, despite their public agreement to be able to do so.

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2012-05-06 at 09:17.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
lol'd reading back the first 6 pages of this thread...
really bad stuff, somebody was really able to forecast the current situation.

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest