Active Topics

WIFI works, Music works. I installed over 0.0.9. Didn't delete them and applied both the fixes/updated provided by E-yes. But apn not connecting. Bit slow for me as I am running from mmc. Trying to partition my mydocs so that i can run 0.0.9 and gingerbread. But bit afraid as there is no good tutorial using gparted.

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
try this website..i posted a guide with pictures..

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1652293/+1587#

scroll until post 1588

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
i try remove android in emmc

after mount /home /and, then cd /and
and rm -rf *.......................

now the phone is full of symbol, cant see any word, but i can see wallpaper, phone can listen, the UI is dead (full of square symbol), flash can save my phone...??

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
i try remove android in emmc

after mount /home /and, then cd /and
and rm -rf *.......................

now the phone is full of symbol, cant see any word, but i can see wallpaper, phone can listen, the UI is dead (full of square symbol), flash can save my phone...??
it should..try

Code:
cd c:\ProgramFiles\maemo\flasher-3.5

flasher-3.5.exe -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R

The Following User Says Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
I had the exact thing happen to me today!

You have removed the /home/opt directory. Thankfully you can just flash the ROOTFS and it will be back.

Do a backup first. Apps still work, you just have to guesstimate where the right buttons are :-)

Flash and you will back to normal. Having said that you will need to reinstall Nitdroid - multiboot and kernel again.

Good luck!

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
I had the exact thing happen to me today!

You have removed the /home/opt directory. Thankfully you can just flash the ROOTFS and it will be back.

Do a backup first. Apps still work, you just have to guesstimate where the right buttons are :-)

Flash and you will back to normal. Having said that you will need to reinstall Nitdroid - multiboot and kernel again.

Good luck!

the screen sometimes is black or white, no button..

Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
try this website..i posted a guide with pictures..

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1652293/+1587#

scroll until post 1588
Thanks a lot. Will try it out today.

Last edited by raghavmurali; 2011-01-03 at 14:14.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia

Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
also check youtube app on gingerbread as mine works but some peoples it does'nt you may need to update youtube to 2.1.6 through marketplace does not work on 0.0.9
In gingerbread, the version 2.0.26 don't work... I try to install the new version from marketplace, but it give me a error when I try to install it

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ somerset
worked for me but i went to market then use search and ype in youtube and hit enter now scroll down and there should be one listed that has update next to it thats the one you want to click on. once updates go to settings..aplications....manage apps....click the all tab and scroll to youtube press and check version is 2.1.6 if so try using youtube app mime failed on first try could not play video click to try again, this is when my youtube started working will try and post a video if i can but have never done so before so bare with me guys. hope it works for you as it has for me. this won't work with 0.0.9 only with gingerbread

edit:; video may not be till later as camera is not picking phone screen up clearly enough so waiting for bro-in-law with desire to make vid hopefully this afternoon sorry for delay

Last edited by scoobydoo; 2011-01-03 at 13:07. Reason: unable to provide video as 'my camera is'nt clear enough