Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I can add from my daily use experience.

4 IM accounts are always active when I'm on wi-fi and this way with average usage of device battery last around 24h... good enough for me.
However when I'm out and on 3GP traveling around (usually underground)
I've noticed All of IM accounts keep trying to reconnect and eating battery very fast. If I'm at work in place where is poor network coverage this is happening every 10 sec and obviously trigger screen to light up. In that case battery last no longer than 6h for me.

So... just to test it. I turned all of IM accounts off.

Now on Wi-Fi or 3GP (doesn't matter really) battery last nearly 2 days.
I learned to turn them on only when I need it and there is good network condition for that. It's enough to have only one network error on the list and same issue happens.

Also I can't update the plug-ins for Conversation with PR 1.2. Each time when I re-flashed device and run the same backup ability to do that seems to be random for me. I can't find consistency here. I was trying to turn off/on repositories... no luck.

Last edited by devu; 2010-06-06 at 13:50.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Said to never close:
Healthcheck
Flash Launcher

These are said to have problems that when you open them and close them, the process remains open, eating up CPU usage of course.
Well Healthchecks was only if you reject GPS when asked - that should now be fixed in the new devel version 10 mins ago - but i can't ever replicate it
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Here is my situation
Reflashed FIASCO, EMMC, through installation of 88 apps from Backup phone laster 11 hours (rigourous installation) after two days.. it started draining the batter again..

Today,
Started up the phone at 6:45AM... idle phone (no music, no wifi, no calls,, no SMSs) battery level at 7% at 10:45AM!!!!

No witter widget
no call notify!
Widget used.. personal data plan monitor, home IP, RSS feed, AP News, OMWeather!! (Same as Pre-PR1.2)

Can anybody help??

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
My idle battery graph today, still bad i guess:

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
My idle battery graph today, still bad i guess:

Wow that's better then mine :P hehe - thats bad?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by devu View Post

I've noticed All of IM accounts keep trying to reconnect and eating battery very fast. If I'm at work in place where is poor network coverage this is happening every 10 sec and obviously trigger screen to light up. In that case battery last no longer than 6h for me.
I've had my N900 die from drained battery from trying to update my IMAP folder. It's not fun waking up to a dead device just because the ISP at work has fscked things up.

Personally, I'd call this a bug in the network layer. An application that fails should do it gracefully without killing the host.

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Oh dear, this is what i call a perfect IDLE battery consumption: