Notices

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by ee_gary View Post
Hmmm, that's pretty much exactly what I tried. It "scans" the directory (very quick, < 1 sec) and reports there are no playable files. I forget the exact wording. The directory actually contains 2 video files that are playable using the standard N800 video player.

It's almost like the "scan for media" function isn't working correctly (or isn't set up correctly).

Any thoughts, ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

What happens if you navigate to the folder directly....can you select the video and play it?

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

If I navigate to the folder directly, using File manager - I can play the files no problem using the built-in Media Player. However, if I navigate to them from within Media Box, the folder reports "Folder Contains no Media"

If I navigate to the folder directly, using File manager - I can play the files no problem using the built-in Media Player. However, if I navigate to them from within Media Box, the folder reports "Folder Contains no Media"
What are the file types? mp3 mp4 etc

Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

M4V. Generated by Handbrake.

M4V. Generated by Handbrake.
This shouldn't matter...but...

could you try changing the file extension from M4V to MP4 and see if that helps?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Will there be a new version out soon? I have Diablo version 2010.10.17.

@ ee-gary

Do you have mplayer and Mplayer-Plugin installed?

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
M4V doesn't show up on my end either while in Mplayer, it also plays like junk in Media Player as well.

If you're recoding the videos yourself using Handbrake, the best way to go is definitely.avi.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
M4V doesn't show up on my end either while in Mplayer, it also plays like junk in Media Player as well.

If you're recoding the videos yourself using Handbrake, the best way to go is definitely.avi.
Depending on how the file is encoded.... I have pretty good luck just making sure the file extension is .mp4 (it's is somewhere in the HB settings...uncheck ipod freindly file types maybe) ....

Unfortunantly Handbrake in its most current iteration only outputs .M4V or .mp4 *** (something to do with the plethora of iJuice drinkers)

ps I go back an forth on which "backend" I use in Mediabox. gstreamer seems to be the way to go recently as it, IIRC is HW optimized

s

*** If this is wrong please let me know how to fix it
Sno

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I only use the older Handbrake version 0.9.3.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules