Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
i wonder if there is a *** hole thread around here? or one for people who dont like freedom of speech or expression. where can i find that thread
If you really have to ask... here you go.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Bourdain View Post
This board is full of mindless zombies with false hope. It's time to wake up, this is like attack of the living dead, man.
Most would say that you and Prada is the mindless zombies repeating yourselves over and over on different threads not even related to your input. Apparantly you dont know how to act on a forum (youve apparantly not even read the forum guidelines) so dont be surprised if many of your doubleposts get deleted if you keep going on like this.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
However, I implore you to leave this site and never come back. Please. Your contributions to this site amount to a handful of unhelpful responses, one liners, and links to images. You've upped it over the past day, by including insults and other disparaging remarks, along with creating an other account to make it look like your "crusade" is something more than what it truly is.
yepp, i took a quick look at his posts as well. theres really nothing constructive or contributing in any of those.

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
I had to do that same lego robot stuff as an assignment in my computer science class during high school, so colour me severely unimpressed.

Get your mind out of the gutter and try putting it to use in a real area of knowledge eg. applied, experimental or theoretical physics, then we can talk.

ok - you claim to be a programmer, still we havent seen a single application youve wrote. if youre so into physics and you know programming - then make use of it in a real area, like programming some handy tools for your desired computer devices. so far youve contributed nothing (neither apps, or even a helping hand to others on the forum) and youre whining all the time. your posts repeats the same message over and over again, and its therefore laying waste on this forum - nothing contributing or constructive.

PS: I believe in physics because physics is for men.
no, you dont. you believe in whining and insulting, and thats apparantly where your manhood is placed.
i noticed that plenty of your posts have been moderated. if you keep corrupting the forum with doubleposts and a conflict seeking attitude, some moderator will probably go as far as deleting your account. will that make you happy? get your head straight instead and start contributing!

i was/am also pissed about some stuff regarding the N900 and i mentioned it on this forum as well. people gave their feedback about it and that was it... your points are already clear to everyone - the world already knows that we cant expect flash10.1 now. you have got plenty of feedback. if nokia or a hacker manage to supply us with working flash10.1, then it will be fine either way. the lesson weve learned is to get such promises in advance, even when its for a NIT... and of course this means that there will be people who's gone diss nokia if the issue dont get resolved. theres simply no point in going on like this, doubleposting everywhere, because there are more threads than enough about it already.

in respect to others i will stop this discussion here for mi part atleast. if getting the last word satisfy you then go on. like i wrote before, i dont feel like theres anything i have to protect about mysellf, but there may be a need to protect the forum.

chill man
kind regards

PS. if some moderator consider deleting posts i dont mind if the posts ive wrote here gets deleted in the same run. the forum works best when information is talked in a friendly manner - do as u like to keep this forum organised and information oriented

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-06-01 at 05:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Sigh. My thread has been hijacked! Anyway, I just meant I like the device but Nokia has seriously let us down. I loathe the "it was never promised" argument because some things are expected (rather reasonably).

So I understand if N900 doesn't get Flash 10.1 or Portrait Mode. But a 500 euro device from a manufacturer as reputable as Nokia is expected to perform basic functions well. The e-mail application is aptly named "Modest" and that is exactly what it is. No IMAP Idle, Push E-Mail is perhaps only available with Nokia Messaging, which is quite a pain in itself. The PC Suite is quite horrible too and the Ovi Store is a shame.

In many cases, it feels like a step BACK from my Nokia E51, a device I bought for 150 euros perhaps 2 and a half years ago.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
The Media Player is strictly OK but the Photos application is HORRIBLE too! Inexcusable!

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
The Media Player is strictly OK but the Photos application is HORRIBLE too! Inexcusable!
try canola and see if u like it better for pictures instead.
it supports kinetic scrolling and shows plenty of small thumbnails while u do it.

screenshot:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1cijfcdUvOg/Sm...t-Canola-5.png

excellent for browsing large collections of pictures!

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-06-01 at 06:49.

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
i wonder if there is a *** hole thread around here? or one for people who dont like freedom of speech or expression. where can i find that thread
in your mom?

Originally Posted by Bourdain View Post
I know criticism is hard to accept, especially when you've sunk £500 into this device but wake up and smell the coffee, phone is garbage.
I think what you're not understanding is that you're making a value judgment. One that each of us make for ourselves based on our own needs. For me, the N900 did what it needed to do from day one. Everything that's been fixed/added since then is just gravy.

I didn't have unrealistic expectations of Nokia creating a supported release of Harmattan/MeeGo for the device. I know how they work 99% of the time. AFAIK, earlier Maemo devices have been the only exceptions to the rule that the OS your Nokia comes with is the one you're stuck with.

Thankfully, I don't need Nokia to improve my device, the many people who kindly produce and/or port free software for the device do a fine enough job.

Don't get me wrong, there are things on my wishlist that only Nokia can fix, but they aren't necessary to my enjoyment of the device. I'd never buy one that I didn't already know would meet my needs.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Hey look, it's PradaBrada and his doppelganger Bourdain insulting people again. Indeed, I'm sure you coded a webserver in 4K as part of your high school computer science courses. And I'm sure you are the be all and end all in determining what is and is not valuable.

However, I implore you to leave this site and never come back. Please. Your contributions to this site amount to a handful of unhelpful responses, one liners, and links to images. You've upped it over the past day, by including insults and other disparaging remarks, along with creating an other account to make it look like your "crusade" is something more than what it truly is.
I only see insults and telling people to leave because you don't share their point of view. Great strategy!

Originally Posted by S0urcerr0r View Post
Most would say that you and Prada is the mindless zombies repeating yourselves over and over on different threads not even related to your input. Apparantly you dont know how to act on a forum (youve apparantly not even read the forum guidelines) so dont be surprised if many of your doubleposts get deleted if you keep going on like this.
Mindless for outing criticism on Nokia? Please, grow up.
We have every right to express our disdain for Nokia and its backhanded practices. It is you and those who are defending them who are zombies without minds of their own.

yepp, i took a quick look at his posts as well. theres really nothing constructive or contributing in any of those.

ok - you claim to be a programmer, still we havent seen a single application youve wrote. if youre so into physics and you know programming - then make use of it in a real area, like programming some handy tools for your desired computer devices. so far youve contributed nothing (neither apps, or even a helping hand to others on the forum) and youre whining all the time. your posts repeats the same message over and over again, and its therefore laying waste on this forum - nothing contributing or constructive.
If you actually took a look through my posts as you said you did:
Originally Posted by me
I've done minor programming, but wouldn't call myself a programmer/developer, also not well-versed/interested in Linux to ever become one

Where is the rest of the developing community to port these simple apps? The only thing I keep hearing is: impossible
Furthermore not just quality community apps are needed, but more importantly quality company made apps, like Opera.
The only one really stopping that from happening for no good reason is Nokia with that garbage heap they call the Ovi Store.

no, you dont. you believe in whining and insulting, and thats apparantly where your manhood is placed.
i noticed that plenty of your posts have been moderated. if you keep corrupting the forum with doubleposts and a conflict seeking attitude, some moderator will probably go as far as deleting your account. will that make you happy? get your head straight instead and start contributing!
Let me just remind you it was you who started with the insults assuming us for iPhone/Android-fanboys just because we are critical of Nokia.

I believe in results, quality and a general mass-marketable and tasteful way of presentation. A company as big as Nokia shouldn't leave out basic features out of a premium device just out of laziness. And even if they do they should get their arses to work and get it fixed themselves, not let the user community try to implement those basic features. And the poor fools should definitely not be proud for creating these "apps" and not just excuse, but actually thank Nokia for this abominable hassle they are being put through.

Also a double post is duplicate post, get your definitions straight

i was/am also pissed about some stuff regarding the N900 and i mentioned it on this forum as well. people gave their feedback about it and that was it... your points are already clear to everyone - the world already knows that we cant expect flash10.1 now. you have got plenty of feedback. if nokia or a hacker manage to supply us with working flash10.1, then it will be fine either way. the lesson weve learned is to get such promises in advance, even when its for a NIT... and of course this means that there will be people who's gone diss nokia if the issue dont get resolved. theres simply no point in going on like this, doubleposting everywhere, because there are more threads than enough about it already.
Everywhere? A few threads here and there, it needs to be said, especially with all the cheering on of Nokia's practises which I see going on here.
For example: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54661
Would you pay Nokia £1-£5 every 6 months to bring the features in line with Meego release and portin
A question like this just baffles me. I can't even begin to comprehend in what sort of twisted state of mind one would have to reside to even suggest such backwater strategies. And lo and behold: 2/3's of the voters actually said yes...

in respect to others i will stop this discussion here for mi part atleast. if getting the last word satisfy you then go on. like i wrote before, i dont feel like theres anything i have to protect about mysellf, but there may be a need to protect the forum.

chill man
kind regards
Finally you get the point: you don't have to protect Nokia nor protect the idiots who are enjoying getting screwed

Kind regards to you sir

you don't have to protect Nokia nor protect the idiots who are enjoying getting screwed

Kind regards to you sir
meh

without Nokia, we wouldn't have a device like this.

if I'm being screwed, I like it.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
in your mom?
what are you like 12?

Closed Thread