Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by xes View Post
@marxian
I'm testing your new version 0.2.1 and things are going better.
Browse categories and tunein search seem to be more clear.

To speed up searches, i would suggest you to cache locally in a separated folder, for example .logos_cache, all station's png since every png has the same id of tunein radio stations and it's unique.
I don't see any need to cache data. The local database is there to store stations that you use regularly, thus reducing the need to search online. Also, as soon as you cache data locally, you have two problems instead of one. How often have you read the advice 'just delete the cache, and it will work again'?

Then, maybe add an option to enable/disable the alphabetic selection inside every category. (now is really boring..)
It's not really feasible to do this, due to how the browsing works in the API. I agree that it sucks, but that's how it is.

Artist and album info now always report "unknow" (maybe that in 0.1.0 it was working? - not sure)
I did switch from Phonon to QMediaPlayer, so that is probably the cause. I thought metadata was working correctly after manually setting the Icy-MetaData request header.

I have found an interesting page about tunein api:
http://dementsov.com/2011/07/08/anal...adio-stations/

In this page there are also a pair of json file with a collection of radio stations extracted from there.
I came across that page when looking at TuneIn myself. I don't really want to be doing any heavy processing of data. I'd rather keep it simple and ensure that the data retreived is up to date. That is, after all, the purpose of having TuneIn integration.

ONE IMPORTANT request:
Using:

curl http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...4197&filter=l1

you can extract original radio's url. Could you store also this into the db as secondary url when saving a station?

When/if the domain radiotime.com and tunein will become unavailable, 404 or what else, we will be able to swap primary and secondary url without lose our preferred stations!
I have considered this before, and will probably implement it (not using curl, though ).

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2014 @ San Diego, California
May we (well, i) ask why all traces of cuteRadio have been removed from your website? i see the sources are still available on GitHub...

Originally Posted by matthewkuhl View Post
May we (well, i) ask why all traces of cuteRadio have been removed from your website? i see the sources are still available on GitHub...
I have been contacted by lawyers acting on behalf of TuneIn. As a result, I am ceasing distribution of cuteRadio until I decide how to proceed.

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I have been contacted by lawyers acting on behalf of TuneIn. As a result, I am ceasing distribution of cuteRadio until I decide how to proceed.
Im Sorry to hear that. It was such an aswsome tool.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Oh, man - i'm really sorry about that
i hope it gets resolved favourably/amicably.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matthewkuhl For This Useful Post:
i have mentioned there may be a request for an uninstallation of v0.2.1 on the two forums where i have shared cuteRadio (via link to your website only).

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewkuhl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Just logged in to thank u for this app. Enabled me to listen to a lot of stations on tune in radio. Now I use my N900 as a multimedia centre at work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Marxian: If you decide to revisit CuteRadio, when adding a new station it appears that in Add Station, the Source field will allow input only of http://, and so mms:// stations cannot be added.

Example:
mms://103.14.3.137:80/concert-mbr?MSWMExt=.asf

Last edited by rotoflex; 2014-07-19 at 03:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
Marxian: If you decide to revisit CuteRadio, when adding a new station it appears that in Add Station, the Source field will allow input only of http://, and so mms:// stations cannot be added.

Example:
mms://103.14.3.137:80/concert-mbr?MSWMExt=.asf
I will change the input validators when I work on the next update.

My website

GitHub

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
marxian: Hi, are there some news about the situation with TuneIn?

Tags
internet, radio