Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
s60v5, there is no such thing as "Symbian GUI"
Dude! One letter q. It's not g.

In The UK supply still constrained at key sites like play.com. Amazon Prices is up ove £500 pounds now.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
The N900 feels like it was never meant to be a mass market phone. Nokia might not even want it to be one, even if it was possible.

I think N900 is supposed to bring some brand name. Like have it show up in tv series or movies as a geeky phone you can do anything with. Or let someone hack something with it or something Cause what else is there that would fit the picture?

I seriously think the N900 will start showing up in tv series/movies soon. Maybe able to get some more recognition in the states with that.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Here is another 4 types of brand comparisons based on a votes system and hits also.
http://mobile.softpedia.com/
Scroll to bottom.

Originally Posted by Brank View Post
The N900 feels like it was never meant to be a mass market phone. Nokia might not even want it to be one, even if it was possible.

I think N900 is supposed to bring some brand name. Like have it show up in tv series or movies as a geeky phone you can do anything with. Or let someone hack something with it or something Cause what else is there that would fit the picture?

I seriously think the N900 will start showing up in tv series/movies soon. Maybe able to get some more recognition in the states with that.
I very much doubt we'll see it in movies. Most movies have VERY high end phones with very low usability. The N900 just isn't pretty enough for movies.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
In theory, there are download statistics for the packages in Extras. In practice,. they are broken since the beginning of December.
Coincidentally, as part of the AppWatch project I started gathering some statistics myself, and it's *massive* compared to the N8x0 era. And it's not just downloads, but actual users - just as an example, AppWatch itself has 500+ users that use it on a daily basis. And that's for a minimally advertised application that requires Qt and is available only through extras-devel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Considering worldwide sales and the Pre was/is a bit of a flop - that isnt too good is it? (not sure). Still its nice to see some figures. More sales = more support for N900 from Nokia.
If the numbers posted in this thread are correct, Nokia has allready increased production over threefold from what it was expecting. So it's allready huge success as far as Nokia's own estimates are concerned.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
I very much doubt we'll see it in movies. Most movies have VERY high end phones with very low usability. The N900 just isn't pretty enough for movies.
Indeed. But as I tryed to emphasize but guess I failed. It would be a kind of hacking tool or something like. You know techy guys would use it, or agents or something

Think Die Hard 4, but instead of having a laptop or anything, the kid would've had a N900.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Maybe if Nokia confirms that Ovi Maps 3.0 with free navigation will be available for N900, setting at least a target date, sales figures would grow. At least if I hadn't bought it yet would think twice before choosing N900 besides N97 or now Google Nexus...

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I have been monitoring the sales of this phone as I work in the IT sales field. Just from one east coast distribution center here in the states, they're moving them out as fast as they can get them. About 200 or so a week it seems like, from one distribution channel. This is for a phone with zero U.S. advertising prescence. I'd say sales are fairly brisk and yes the price has gone up, probably because of demand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post: