i'm tired of Mer. is there anyway to uninstall it?

currently, its running on my n810 and is located on a 4gb micro sd.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Mer isn't installed into Maemo, so you can simply remove or reformat the drive that Mer is on and you can use that drive for whatever you'd like after that.

You can remove the Mer installer from Maemo if you go into the Application Manager and remove it as you would any program.

You can remove the customized bootmenu by downloading the latest Maemo and flasher-3.0 utility and then flashing the original initfs to the tablet. To do this, make sure that flasher-3.0 is executable (you can type "chmod a+x flasher-3.0" from terminal) shut down your tablet and then hold down the home button while hitting the power button on the tablet until a little USB icon appears in the top right hand corner of the tablets screen. Then type this command in the terminal of linux (from the same directory that flasher-3.0 is downloaded to): sudo ./flasher-3.0 -f -F RX-44_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=initfs -R

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neatojones For This Useful Post:
thank you!

ok, I think I screwed up somewhere.

I flashed my N810 which had Mer installed but now my Internal memory total size is still 196.9MB, same as when Mer was there.

How can I get back my 2Gb internal memory?

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NITboy View Post
ok, I think I screwed up somewhere.

I flashed my N810 which had Mer installed but now my Internal memory total size is still 196.9MB, same as when Mer was there.

How can I get back my 2Gb internal memory?
Format your memorycard with the File Manager

Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
Format your memorycard with the File Manager
That works!... Appreciate your time in replying, meizirkki

Originally Posted by mtl171 View Post
i'm tired of Mer. is there anyway to uninstall it?

currently, its running on my n810 and is located on a 4gb micro sd.
While you are tired of mer can you probably share your experience about using mer to help the developers to improve on one thing you like or dislike

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Un27Pee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Ponte Vedra, FL, USA
Originally Posted by neatojones View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Mer isn't installed into Maemo, so you can simply remove or reformat the drive that Mer is on and you can use that drive for whatever you'd like after that.

You can remove the Mer installer from Maemo if you go into the Application Manager and remove it as you would any program.

You can remove the customized bootmenu by downloading the latest Maemo and flasher-3.0 utility and then flashing the original initfs to the tablet. To do this, make sure that flasher-3.0 is executable (you can type "chmod a+x flasher-3.0" from terminal) shut down your tablet and then hold down the home button while hitting the power button on the tablet until a little USB icon appears in the top right hand corner of the tablets screen. Then type this command in the terminal of linux (from the same directory that flasher-3.0 is downloaded to): sudo ./flasher-3.0 -f -F RX-44_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=initfs -R
I'm about to try Mer for the first time with the key word being TRY. I'm not sure if I will want to keep it on my N810 or not. So before I install it, I wanted to know how to remove it in case I don't want to keep it on there at this time, which brought me to this thread via a search.

I noticed the instructions you gave for removing the customized bootmenu are for a Linux desktop. Since I have a Windows desktop, would I be able to just reflash the N810 and restore a pre-Mer backup to get my data back (without restoring the bootmenu)?

-- Chris

Last edited by internetpilot; 2009-07-26 at 15:27.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Before doing a reflash, backup your data apps and things with the Backup/Restore application in the Settings Menu. Also, make sure anything you don't want being erased, like important documents, music and stuff are all saved on the external card.

Jesse~

The Following User Says Thank You to jperez2009 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Since I can't live without bootmenu so I never looked into uninstalling it but, if I had to I always thought I could do that from the app manager. Would it not uninstall that way? I don't remember the last time reflashed since that boot only to install mer and edit bootmenu. Otherwise, I don't mess with it.

Tags
mer