Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
Thank you for the fix! Do you want me to upload the working version to autobuilder?
Ah, well, at least not yet. I haven't properly updated the control file for the app, so it would conflict with the existing Quickflickr. Also, I haven't tried to contact the original creator / manager of Quickflickr; they may still have an interest in it...

btw is not possible to upload pics to flickr? should be nice, because the flickr sharing plugin on N900 is not working anymore (outdated api)
Actually, there is code in there that seems to support uploading; as I may have mentioned, I really haven't used this app before, so I don't know what all it is supposed to be able to do. But yeah, before doing any significant updates, it'd be useful to set up maintainership of the package.

i read the N9 version of quickflickr had a 'photos taken near me feature' . seems a missing feature on the N900
Hmm. I doubt it would be all that hard to back-port something like that...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
btw is not possible to upload pics to flickr? should be nice, because the flickr sharing plugin on N900 is not working anymore (outdated api)
And not just the N900 and N9. Flickr pulled a "zero-day" API change on Kubuntu LTS right after 2014.04 by breaking the kipi plugin that probably won't get an official fix till April 2016!

i read the N9 version of quickflickr had a 'photos taken near me feature' . seems a missing feature on the N900
That was the best feature of quickflickr (beyond the basics, of course). Unfortunately, most of the pictures taken near my home are of someone learning to slaughter and clean chickens -- and this is not a farming community! But that aside aside, while traveling or just out and about it was really neat to see what publicly shared pics were shot nearby.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yeah, the original code doesn't use QSslConfiguration, as it doesn't use ssl. I created an instance in the QtFlickrPrivate constructor (in the qtflickr_p.cpp file). I guess the equivalent location in the Harmattan source would be the FlickrOAuthPrivate constructor in the flickroauth.cpp file...
I checked flickroauth.cpp for the paths. When I manually paste them in browser, Flickr seems to redirect all http calls to https equivalents, and warns me that a third party app is trying to gain access to my account without providing credentials. Good to know OAuth protocol is working : )

The Following User Says Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post: