Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
in case you guys make it work somehow, is it much hassle to build an updated deb package for harmattan as well? I'm not sure if this thread was relating to the maemo version only, and what I was referring to was actually the n9 version... sorry for the confusion.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by prosper View Post
in case you guys make it work somehow, is it much hassle to build an updated deb package for harmattan as well?
Ah, that's a little tougher for me; I can try to build a harmattan package, but I don't have a device to test on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the effort so far. I believe everyone here has better things to do than struggle with somebody else's requests, especially when it came out we're into different platforms. Perhaps I'll make one last try and ask the Harmattan community. Anyway, If you have too much spare time, I can be of assistance in testing the package remotely on my device or providing the original files. Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Well, I now seem to have a working version of QuickFlickr, more or less; I don't know much about the app (or about Flickr, to be honest), so I don't know what all functionality it should have. But I am able to register onto Flickr, and view a photo I uploaded to the service. I'll attach the .deb file to this post.

On the N9 version: is the N9's QuickFlickr a separate code base? I suppose I could try to blindly add the SSL fix and build the app, even though I can't really test it...
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: deb quickflickr_1_9_21_armel.deb (308.2 KB, 63 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
attached you will find the latest package and the extracted code from the root/opt/quickflickr/bin folder that is created after installation. maybe some of it will help.

As I have no QT skills, I tried to manually replace the paths in hex editor with the ones provided by the Flickr team here: http://code.flickr.net/2014/04/30/fl...une-27th-2014/
Attached Files
File Type: deb quickflickr_1.6.0_armel.deb (460.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: zip quickflickr.zip (421.8 KB, 55 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
attached you will find the latest package and the extracted code from the root/opt/quickflickr/bin folder that is created after installation. maybe some of it will help.
Unfortunately, without the source code, hex editing is just about all you could do here.

I don't know if there's a standard location for Harmattan package source code, similar to the Maemo "extras" repository system. However, the source does appear to exist at this location:

https://github.com/harmattan/QuickFlickr

I'll see if I can build from this...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Installed QT 4.8.6, skimmed through the qml and src, looked for the QSslConfiguration and left with nothing. I just lack technical knowledge so I'll get back to hex editing : )

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Well, I now seem to have a working version of QuickFlickr, more or less; I don't know much about the app (or about Flickr, to be honest), so I don't know what all functionality it should have. But I am able to register onto Flickr, and view a photo I uploaded to the service. I'll attach the .deb file to this post.
Thank you for the fix! Do you want me to upload the working version to autobuilder?

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
i installed the deb and it's connecting.

btw is not possible to upload pics to flickr? should be nice, because the flickr sharing plugin on N900 is not working anymore (outdated api)

i read the N9 version of quickflickr had a 'photos taken near me feature' . seems a missing feature on the N900

Installed QT 4.8.6, skimmed through the qml and src, looked for the QSslConfiguration and left with nothing.
Yeah, the original code doesn't use QSslConfiguration, as it doesn't use ssl. I created an instance in the QtFlickrPrivate constructor (in the qtflickr_p.cpp file). I guess the equivalent location in the Harmattan source would be the FlickrOAuthPrivate constructor in the flickroauth.cpp file...