Active Topics

Poll: Will you buy the Jolla phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Just decided to go for 100EUR option, and cancel 40EUR order when done, but ofcourse i ****ed up payment, so now it freezed

****ing hate CARD payment it's 2013 for got sake. There must be better payment method than crappy VISA cards etc
I say cancel the order and buy the phone when it is real...Join the movement, join the tribe, join Marc dillon.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
@ mikecomputing
Bankaccount on paypal works fine here. You also don't need to send in your ID. They will transfer some cent to your bank account with a description and you have to enter that description later at paypal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I say cancel the order and buy the phone when it is real...Join the movement, join the tribe, join Marc dillon.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
I took the plunge and made the 100€ pre-order

I love my N9's multitasking and slick swipe-feature etc. Don't want any iphone...considered going Android, but Jolla and Sailfish is different than anything out there...that's what made me take this chance after a lot of thinking.

The presentations have been anything but professional. The first one actually made me uncomfortable and almost angry and the other one was presented on a 42 inch TV at a "pub" ...BUT!... I love underdogs and Jolla certainly is one. They might fail but supporting them makes it less likely and success more likely.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Had a little email conversation with Jolla Customer Care recently. Some details that you guys "might" be interested in:

T-shirts in different type of orders are the same.
You can use only one coupon per phone order.
These quoted replies in the email came from me asking about the possibility of buying a second 100e preorder but switching the 100e T-shirt for a 40e T-shirt (the website gave the impression that they were different designs) and combining them for my final purchase.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
Yup, after my n9 gets to old.

The Following User Says Thank You to byteninja2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Not sure whats happening, but me, and my girlfriend placed an order with a friend and colleague(who knows someone in the UK) to preorder the 100€ variant.

Friend said that the UK feiend said he got a call but no mail from Jolla confirming the purchase. Anyone else had this?

what exactly is the mode of order confirmation? How is the voucher recieved? i.e is it electronic and comes via mail or is it something that arrives by post.

he should check his spam mail folder

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nope. After n900 and N9, I don't think they can code a viable and competitive device. It looks like a cool UI, but knowing that they had 3 years to get N9 ready and delivered a substandard user experience, why would they be better now. Burden of proof is on Jolla

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanboy, gy_wp_sy, jolla, jolla phone, theoclueless, theotool