Active Topics

Poll: Will you buy the Jolla phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I basically just want an N900 with upgraded hardware. Please someone make one and take my money.

If Jolla phone comes to USA, is usable on a carrier that is not horrible, has hardware keyboard, standard linux software stack, fairly modern hardware specs, hackability... I will definitely consider it. But I am not convinced until I see some actual details emerging.

I support them in spirit but not yet ready to support them financially.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
$0 Pre-order booked. After N900 and currently Using N9 i so want to get my hands on Jolla....i hope they get a good start.

The Following User Says Thank You to DBSix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Eztran View Post
Um, you do realise that an email address, presumably belonging to you, is partially visible in that post, right? Just making sure.
I always have shared my email in my description on my profile here, i am an open guy, no secrets. My email is to contact me, not to hide it. Here it is, meego-hacker(at)hotmail(dot)com
I don't mind people knowing it..

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Last edited by AMD; 2013-06-12 at 14:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
I always have shared my email in my description on my profile here, i am an open guy, no secrets. My email is to contact me, not to hide it. Here it is, meego-hacker@hotmail.com
That's alright, just checking, as I said.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
I always have shared my email in my description on my profile here, i am an open guy, no secrets. My email is to contact me, not to hide it. Here it is,
It's alright that you want transparency, but there's a difference between posting an e-mail address as an image and posting it in the format you just did. If you want to post it for someone to contact you, you should do it in a way similar to this:
username AT provider DOT com

At least if you don't wanna get flooded by spambots...

This is just a friendly advice, don't take it bad.

EDIT: Post edited, e-mail removed. Just an explanation for qwazix: of course you can make regexp for anything, but that's why I said "a way similar to this". Call it 'security by obscurity', if you will, but there are endless possibilities how to make the address human readable, so it is not efficient to explicitly target all of them.

Last edited by nodevel; 2013-06-20 at 16:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It's alright that you want transparency, but there's a difference between posting an e-mail address as an image and posting it in the format you just did. If you want to post it for someone to contact you, you should do it in a way similar to this:
username AT provider DOT com

At least if you don't wanna get flooded by spambots...

This is just a friendly advice, don't take it bad.
Point taken, will edit my post. Thanks

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
yeah because it's hard to write a bot that greps [^\s]+[\s]?(AT|at|@)[^\s]+[\s](\.|DOT|dot)[^\s]{1,3}

plus quoting him making his edit futile

sorry for OT. back to Jolla.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
n900 here, and I am anxiously waiting for an upgrade to my slowly aging hardware, and giant brick in my pocket.

The Following User Says Thank You to GI jack For This Useful Post:
just jolla UI/UX itself can make me switch to jolla from nokia 808pv in the future

@ AMD , Salamon Aleikom. Ya hala

Well, Similar to AMD, I'm from Iran, Where no Jolla smartphones would be available even in the 1H of 2014. But unlike Lebanon, People in some Iranian gadget forums know Jolla, But did they pre-order ?
I own the god sent N9, but I want to give it to my father and buy a new phone. Sorry me, but I hate Android and all it's OEMs. Not to mention Apple.
If I want to buy the upcoming EOS then I have to tolerate WP8's unbelievable basic feature scarcity .
I really don't know what to do. Should I wait for the not-surely coming Jolla which have no warranty and many other things, Or I buy the gorgeous Aluminum EOS with it's great camera?
Thanks for help in advance.

Last edited by edi_opteron; 2013-06-19 at 17:14.

Tags
fanboy, gy_wp_sy, jolla, jolla phone, theoclueless, theotool