Active Topics

Poll: Will you buy the Jolla phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Damm glibc why so important??
Because without it, we may as well use Android...

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Well, I need to see the hw specs and I will certainly wait for the first reviews before taking my decision.
Iphone and Android are a no go for me : too much privacy intrusive in my sense. So I'm very positive right now with this (more) open OS and I may buy it to replace my n900. I just hope they will care to make an "Other Half" hwkb...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlad_on_the_road For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I haven't done it yet but will certainly (the pre-order)(just needs couple of days to pass it to my next monthly bill ). Jolla guys have given lots of love and i believe they need love in return
The same as for N9 after my N900. First I was not 100% convinced that I was gaining so much by switching but I thought "how come we can tell the designer, the makers, the managers that we need more open source phone, we need multi-tasking, we need a terminal, we need to be free..."
We talk with our purse. And I see no interest in waiting for a dream come true that would please all and everybody on earth...

The phone is not that expensive but still it promises a lot. So no doubt for me. It will certainly evolve and some freedom means that we can change part of it.
Obviously it helps to know that France is a primary market (so I have less doubt that it will at least works in 3G here)...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Already sent them 100 Euros.

WTH is it with everybody wanting to know the exact specs? Why is it really so incredibly important to know the used SoC, its clocking, the amount of RAM, the size of the battery? Users of the N900 will definitelly get upgraded (which is not that hard comming from 256MByte RAM and 600 MHz Soc). Users of the N9 most likely will not become downgraded given that Jolla uses a dual core SoC. Are the given infos about storage space, HD display, display size not enough? Is it really a no go if there is only 1GByte RAM? Looking at the pictures also reveales, that there is no second USB port, battery capacity for half a month, epaper back or fancy laser keyboard.

Consumers should get a smooth running device. After all the software is not Android - which performance can be compared on different hardware using exactly Android version x.y.z.

Especially developers should not care that much about the exact CPU speed. Most programs should be created to perform well even on lower hardware specs - like N950 or N9.

I guess this phone is not about the competition race of Hz and Bytes ("mine is longer than yours").

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ibins For This Useful Post:
Love the concept, but not so much the design! Am very curious about Sailfish but would like to see more about account & contacts integration, etc.
Still looks like they still have a lot of work todo, but if it's going to have the same integration of XMPP, VOIP/SIP, Skype, DLNA, other accounts like in N9 or better... then I think I'll go for Sailfish as my new mobile OS!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zappAtom For This Useful Post:
at the moment I'm not interested anymore, but I might buy the second Jolla if the first one is a success. I'm just afraid of being left behind with no support and no apps as happened with my N9. I'll keep my N9 to try out Sailfish Os when a custom ROM is released.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icecream For This Useful Post:
Just placed my pre-order
I don't recall being this excited about a new device since the N900.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I put my €100 pre-order in immediately. I will probably do the same once Ubuntu releases their phone too. I really would have preferred to have paid the full amount up front though.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Erlangen
pre ordered, can't wait to get the phone now - last time i felt like this was when i bought my last phone - a n900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greygoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
will buy.. as soon as it gets the hwkb.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanboy, gy_wp_sy, jolla, jolla phone, theoclueless, theotool