Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Thanks for your feedback, but this is not related to the update problem at ovistore, I think.
Did you install a testing version between 0.6.0 and 0.7.3?
In 0.7.3 the same data structure is used as in 0.6.0, but in other version it might have changed, so that could be the problem. Please post the error message in the future so I have a chance to find the reason for this error.

Anyway the update problem still exists, a lot of people try to update my download statistic shows.
Attached Images

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by EmaNymton View Post
Thanks for your feedback, but this is not related to the update problem at ovistore, I think.
Did you install a testing version between 0.6.0 and 0.7.3?
In 0.7.3 the same data structure is used as in 0.6.0, but in other version it might have changed, so that could be the problem. Please post the error message in the future so I have a chance to find the reason for this error.
Yes, I've been on 0.7.x I think, can't remember exactly.

*Sigh*

Can anybody try, if installation from store works now, please?

I got an answer from Developer Support today:
I apologize if I have taken so long to reply.

Please be informed that I have already received an update from the appropriate department regarding your concern. According to them, they were not able to reproduce the issue. The content has been retested on the following devices and the issue is not reproduced. It can be installed on the devices successfully. Note: A prompt message 'Size of required additional downloads: 716KB' is displayed when installing it On PR1.1 devices, but the prompt message 'Size of required additional downloads: 11.6MB' is displayed on PR1.2 devices.

Nokia N9 (FW: V 20.2011.40-4_PR_001)
Nokia N9 (FW: V 30.2012.07-1_PR_003)
Seems to me that they just tested to install the submitted deb-file and not installed it via ovi-store, so before I wrote an answer I will be sure it's not working at all.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Did a regular uninstallation of what I already had and then tried from store and "Unable to complete installation. Download file again."

Edit: If you don't mind can I send store support an email informing them that the update keeps failing for me, the consumer, and they should be fixing it? Maybe seeing that the dumb-dumbs inside take some action although I wouldn't hold my breath on it?

Edit 2: Sent Store a message via the store app's support feature...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-22 at 13:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
If you don't mind can I send store support an email informing them that the update keeps failing for me, the consumer, and they should be fixing it? Maybe seeing that the dumb-dumbs inside take some action although I wouldn't hold my breath on it?
That would be great, thank you!

update!

It seems that installation via ovi-store works now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by EmaNymton View Post
update!

It seems that installation via ovi-store works now.
I second that

thp told me how to update/manipulate the text on billboard standby screen and now I'm working on an update that includes this feature without editing scripts by hand.

Here is a little demo-video (still uploading), sorry for the bad quality I was in a hurry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKNnb6Unx5I

If you have any ideas/suggestion how to improve it, let me know!

The Following User Says Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Its very nice especially with Man Utd winning

So this means it will auto-update without having to unlock the screen right? Only suggestion i have is for the last updated XXXX string to be smaller with maybe just the time being displayed.

Thanks for it!

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Hi EmaNymton,

any plan to add french championship?

Anyway thanks for your great apps

The Following User Says Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post: