Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
FYI I've hacked my Mugen back cover with white sticky tape (where there should be the white spot that signals the lens cover is open) and a piece of a fridge magnet in the place of the original cover magnet. It wasn't difficult, the only point is to find a magnet powerful enough.

Mugen says they'll send two working covers when they are ready; in the meantime, my hacked one works
theyre sending TWO covers?? Nice!

OMG!!

The one who coocked up this rediculous bulky idea wasn't paying attention to the n900 design at all!

1) The N900 has an active back cover. It's one of the first things I noticed while i was exploring the device when I got home with it.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
The back cover is detected using a magnetic field sensor - no magnet, no back cover, no memory card.

2) What kind of pictures/movies are you expecting to get when the backcover is lifted to create hiding space for that bulky brick called "power battery" My guess is that the flashlight will simply be reflected by the backcover messing up all your pics.

3) The N900 is allready big enough as it is, unless you're planning to strapping on to your back cuz now it wont fit in any pocket!

btw...those nails!!
I really would like know how many ladies own a N900 and also have those kind of nails. I guess not that many.

This topic is a fun read and I'm certainly not even considering this battery-pack for a nanosecond.
Untill there is a same sized, balanced, higher capacity battery designed to meet the specs of the N900...I'll pack my charger instead, and maybe even buy an extra OEM battery.

greetz,

TylerD

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
Untill there is a same sized, balanced, higher capacity battery...
Do you really believe in that?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by moneytoo View Post
me.......? no.

The back cover seems to interfere less with the camera than the original

Originally Posted by moneytoo View Post
like duh! offcourse not... that's why i said i'll be packing my charger instead

Last edited by TylerD; 2010-04-04 at 17:08.

2) What kind of pictures/movies are you expecting to get when the backcover is lifted to create hiding space for that bulky brick called "power battery" My guess is that the flashlight will simply be reflected by the backcover messing up all your pics.
Working fine here --perhaps the difference would be perceptible in head-to-head comparisons. But it's black, and angled away, such that it really reflects very little light back into the lens. I'm not at all sure it's even worse than stock, with that lovely chrome around the lens...

3) The N900 is allready big enough as it is, unless you're planning to strapping on to your back cuz now it wont fit in any pocket!
Well, phones don't really belong in pockets -- pockets are shapeless bags made to hold random things, or loose objects that need containment. They generally result in excessive wear from everything in them rattling together. If you're going to carry a single item every day, doesn't it make sense to use a belt holster that fits it just right? No scratching, you always know exactly where to reach for it, no getting snagged against other objects...

But since I have yet to find a holster just right for my N900 with extended back, it's been riding in my front pocket quite comfortably. Maybe it's because I wear pants that fit freely enough for actual living.

My answer to the thick/heavy phone problems?

Cargos 4 life.

See, unlike my metrose--- fashionable friends who buy their phones to suit their attire, I buy clothes to match my phone.

nightfire, I somewhat agree, I recently got a pair of pants that has a cell pocket that's PERFECT for the N900 (with a stock battery). Haven't gotten a Mugen yet to test, but depending how the battery holds up after overclocking with my typical usage (GV open in Conversations all day potentially tethered to my Storm) I may have to get a Mugen yet (and hope like heck it fits).

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Lausanne, CH
btw...those nails!!
I really would like know how many ladies own a N900 and also have those kind of nails. I guess not that many.
Lol, was thinking the same! Though it seemed as if they were the perfect length to open the back cover...