Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Couple of questions regarding the N900...

Why isn't their an option to place office docs (i.e word files, excel, powerpoint etc) on the desktops as shortcuts? It would be cool to open a specific document via this method.

Secondly why isn't there an office app that allows users to edit, create files? I thought the N900 was designed as a handheld pc/internet tablet?

A short answer to your questions is that it's only a matter of time. Anything is possible on the N900. Viewers for office documents are already availible, and editing software will come shortly enough.

The desktop is very customizable, so while their might not be a GUI based interface for putting said documents as shortcuts, I'm sure there is an around the way method, if your willing to use it.

2d

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
That reminds me: the last thing I heard from the people at koffice was that they were waiting for this next upgrade. So in theory it should be along soon.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
Secondly why isn't there an office app that allows users to edit, create files? I thought the N900 was designed as a handheld pc/internet tablet?
For editing word files, you can use AbiWord, se e.g.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=abiword