Active Topics

Hi,
can somebody explain a new N900 user what files to download - the OS2009 or PR.1.2. files? what's the difference? my current version is the global version 8.xxxxx

sorry: not 8.xx it's 3.2010.....

Last edited by RanRuobin; 2010-05-25 at 08:53. Reason: version error

Just flashed mine, seems pretty solid so far.

I'm rather enjoying looking at the web in portrait view, feels like somewhat of a novelty.

downloading finally

I'm in the UK but have global firmware... Will I have to wait until tomorrow do you think? Or should I keep hitting update every 5 mins...?!

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
How would you know untill you get out your flea pit !
/s means sarcasm

Everytime you don't click on my blog, I kill a kitten

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by c4Lvin View Post
Thanks 9000 for clearing that out. I got mine at Wilson Communications and was wondering what you did to yours ever since your purchase (assuming you got from HK as well) What is the eMMC thing? man I feel dumb here compared to WinMo stuff
I got mind at citicall and the guys there are nice since I got my bricked N900 returned anew (they wouldn't be so nice if they knew the reason of bricking...well anyway).

I overclocked it....and that's pretty much the only interesting thing I've been doing since. The others are just as usual, like running apps and games and develop stuffs on it. XD

The eMMC is the internal flash mapped under your home (/home/user/MyDocs), and it's the visible drive (N900) when you use your phone as mass storage device via USB. The contacts and stuffs are saved in this flash drive. Therefore if you reflash the eMMC your phone will return to default.

I'd recommend you to reflash the eMMC as it's a new format. Upstairs there're people confirmed that the new week 19 rom runs fine without reflashing eMMC, anyway, your preference.

Of course, you must backup your eMMC before reflashing it, but I'm sure you wouldn't need to be told of this. ^^

Last edited by 9000; 2010-05-25 at 08:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Wales, UK
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
ctrl+ shift+ R does NOT rotate screen anymore
Yes it does

Originally Posted by stayloa View Post
I'm in the UK but have global firmware... Will I have to wait until tomorrow do you think? Or should I keep hitting update every 5 mins...?!
I'd just wait for the orange exclamation mark to appear on the desktop. Save you wasting time and battery power!

sorry: not 8.xx it's 3.2010.....

It's wierd when I check updates in OTA it says there is one and I should use NSU, but then when I plug into NSU it says there is no update?

What is going on here?

My Blog