Active Topics

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Build system seems broken:
Code:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL: /usr/src/kernel-power/kernel-power-2.6.28] > dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is kernel-power
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 1:2.6.28-10power49
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture armel
dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 2.6.28-10power49
: Using Scratchbox tools to satisfy builddeps
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -rf /targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/src/kernel-power/kernel-power-2.6.28/debian/build
rm -f debian/files debian/kernel-power-flasher.postinst debian/kernel-power-modules.postinst debian/kernel-power-modules.postrm
rm -f source-stamp configure-stamp kernel-stamp modules-stamp
dh_clean
 debian/rules build
dh_testdir
mkdir -p /targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/src/kernel-power/kernel-power-2.6.28/debian/build/kernel-power
tar cf - `echo * | sed -e 's/ debian / /g;s/ [^ ]*\.deb / /g;s/ [^ ]*\.gz / /g;s/ [^ ]*fiasco[^ ]* / /g'` 2>/dev/null | ( cd /targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/src/kernel-power/kernel-power-2.6.28/debian/build/kernel-power; umask 000; tar xspf - )
cd /targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/src/kernel-power/kernel-power-2.6.28/debian/build/kernel-power && ( QUILT_PATCHES=/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/src/kernel-power/kernel-power-2.6.28/debian/patches quilt push -a -q || test $? = 2 )
Applying patch 2.6.28-omap1.diff
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED
25 out of 25 hunks FAILED
Patch 2.6.28-omap1.diff does not apply (enforce with -f)
make: *** [source-stamp] Error 1

I builded kernel-power from git some days ago. But I'm using madde.
Can you please check which files & folders you have in debian/build/kernel-power after this error?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Yep, building under scratchbox is a little bit tricky.
After executing :

$ GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1 git clone https://vcs.maemo.org/git/kernel-power
$ cd kernel-power
$ kernel-power-2.6.28/debian/rules get-orig-source

you have to cd to kernel-power-2.6.28 and

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -S

to build a source package.

then
cd..
rm -rf kernel-power-2.6.28
dpkg-source -x kernel-power_2.6.28-10power49.dsc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I builded kernel-power from git some days ago. But I'm using madde.
Can you please check which files & folders you have in debian/build/kernel-power after this error?
Got it. I was confused by the concatenation of tars, seds and echos at 2 AM
In get-orig-source the rules script downloads the kernel tar.gz but doesn't extract it, but in source-stamp expects to have the sources already extracted.
Easy to fix by adding
Code:
tar --strip-components=1 -C kernel-power-2.6.28 -xf kernel-power_2.6.28.orig.tar.gz kernel-2.6.28
under get-orig-source

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Sorry this is my mistake in install instructions (I do not have scratchbox, I did not tested it and nobody expect you reported problem.).

get-orig-source is debian/rules rule which must only download/get/create <package>_<version>.orig.tar.gz tarball, nothing more

So I update compile instructions for scratchbox by adding your extract command (I belive that now it works ). Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Sorry this is my mistake in install instructions (I do not have scratchbox, I did not tested it and nobody expect you reported problem.).

get-orig-source is debian/rules rule which must only download/get/create <package>_<version>.orig.tar.gz tarball, nothing more

So I update compile instructions for scratchbox by adding your extract command (I belive that now it works ). Thanks!
That extract command is a bit complex. Wouldn't be a better idea to add an extract target to the rules file?

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
That extract command is a bit complex. Wouldn't be a better idea to add an extract target to the rules file?
I think it is not needed. Git repository is _only_ for developers and I think for developers it is not complex...

apt-get is for getting stable version and this is easy

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
pali, what is responsible for bluetooth headsets? i have bh-214 and since i use kp (that was kp46 newest whe i started) i have a problem with it. Best way to show the bug is describing the situation:
1. Connected headset on ad2p profile, listening music with stock player.
2. Incoming call -> answering -> talking -> finishing the call (no matter it's done with display or headset buttons)
2b. Same situation is when making a call
3. Now music is cutting (sound - 1/3 second, silence 1/2 second).
4. Only way to fix it is to disconnect headset (turn off or just disconnect) and connect again.
Sometimes - 1/10 times everything works ok, so after call music is playing normally
I think that is a problem with switching between profiles ad2p and hsp profile.

Sorry if it's not connected with kernel, but i saw that with new kp some headsets doesn't work, that's why i'm asking.

in kernel-power is patch which fix bluetooth mouse support and also break some bluetooth headset. I do not own any bluetooth headset and I used only notebook (configured as a2dp) which worked fine.

I wrote that I'm unable to fix this problem...

Hi Pali,

Please consider this patch for inclusion in kp
It adds a sysfs entry (/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0030/disable_indicator_led) to allow disabling the camera red light.
Attached Files
File Type: gz disable_indicator_led.patch.gz (1.1 KB, 173 views)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:

Tags
development, kernel-power