Active Topics

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
IMO THE only thing that's need to e changed is the whope software forum. right now it has everything of all versions of maemo, meego and Jolla. We should have applications per OS sorted. This is the only thing I think is needed to do (and dissecting that section).
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Yeah, the all-os forums are a bit annoying, though some apps are maintained cross platform

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Yeah, the all-os forums are a bit annoying, though some apps are maintained cross platform
Can't these threads be symlinked, so they appear in all appropiate sections. I have seen forum software which could do that, the actual thread in more than one subforum.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2014-01-16 at 11:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Not related to what has been discussed in this thread, but it fits the title:

I'd like to have a sane default post date format.
By "sane" I mean big endian (dd-mm-yyyy) or little endian (yyyy-mm-dd), not middle endian (mm-dd-yyyy).
By "default" I mean what I see when I'm not logged in. I don't like to be logged in all the time and both middle endian as well as context-sensitive format changes confuse me.

Last edited by sulu; 2014-01-26 at 18:32.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
^^^ Yes! And a sane default time zone too. GMT would do nicely, but I may be biased

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
^^^ Yes! And a sane default time zone too. GMT would do nicely, but I may be biased
Well the forum was originally hosted in the US so this is why the date and timezone is like that.

Maybe this is an appropriate thread.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89503

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast;1409179[url
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89503[/url]
Then it shouldn't be a big deal to switch to generic and on all parts of world non-possible-to-misinterpret date format. Time should be of course UTC/GMT (in general).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

I'm wondering if Council (is there even such thing in Maemo?), Board (same thing) or any other Entitled Entity (tm) is going to do Anything (tm again) to implement at least some of requests?

Before one well known rager starts trolling me - NO, by "anything" i don't mean coding it by Entity, or some magic "poof!" to meet my "demands". I merely mean some kind of activity, that one would expect from Council, Board, or whatsthehell Entity - like, actively seeking knowledgeable volunteers that could do the work (creating thread with announcement that individuals with certain skills are needed, stating that as topic for Maemo's IRC etc).

Current approach of "let's not search for volunteers, they should find us and bring their ideas themselves, asking us to kindly provide access" doesn't seem to be very effective, to say at least. Not to mention that some activity by Entity in *any* matter would be great, too - Currently, guy like me is genuinely (without any irony) unaware if any "governing" body ever exist for Maemo. If I would be forced to bet now, I would say "no", as I haven't seen any action from their side, since "fundraiser cellar on fire" or something like that.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Then it shouldn't be a big deal to switch to generic and on all parts of world non-possible-to-misinterpret date format. Time should be of course UTC/GMT (in general).
Updated to GMT (without DST so it is UTC actually) - date format is now extended ISO yyyy-mm-dd with time in 24h HH:mm

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
I would like to see on the profile page a list which you can self maintain and list own projects or important contributions made to the community and linking to the thread/post.
I know you can look into the thread starters but sometimes you not startet the thread and made only an important post.

Or maybe a link to a users wiki page where you can list everything.

What you think?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: